ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Changing from Fiance to Married Visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Row

Changing from Fiance to Married Visa

Post by Row » Thu Jan 25, 2007 7:04 pm

Please let me know.
My fiance has got his fiance visa. He is arriving in February and then we are getting Married on 31st March.
Please could someone let me know what documents, extra information should be provide so as not to have any problems with obtaining FLR.
Second query is related to getting visa to travel in Europe once getting FLR Married UK visa.
Thanks for any responses

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Thu Jan 25, 2007 9:43 pm

Hi, download the form form FLR(M) and have a good read. In "modern style" it incorporates its own guidance notes.

There is no need to wait until near the end of the 6-moth fiancé visa before applying. The application can be made as soon as the marriage has happened.

Visa for Europe? Exactly where in Europe? Which country or countries? And most important, what is his nationality?
John

Row

Post by Row » Thu Jan 25, 2007 10:30 pm

His nationality is Liberian, though he still has his Italy Residency (permesso di siorgno) untill end of April. Well I guess for Italy firstly so he is able to visit his friends and sort out any other things.
We were hoping to go on our honeymoon though not in Italy. But I will find out about that later.
Thanks John, appriciate your help.

Row

Post by Row » Thu Jan 25, 2007 10:53 pm

Oh no, now I have read up on all the new regulations related to Citizenship and Life Test etc. Now what does this mean, does it mean that the test has to be passed before applying for FLR after 2nd April?
My fiance speaks English fluently, but now am not sure exactly what level as Ghanian/Liberian English is different from British English. So am assuming he would need to do the Life Test, but still don't fully understand the procedure.
It seems there are always more confusions :cry:

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Fri Jan 26, 2007 8:03 am

Now what does this mean, does it mean that the test has to be passed before applying for FLR after 2nd April?
No it does not! As from 02.04.07 there is a requirement for applicants for ILR, between the ages of 18 and 64, to pass the Citizenship Test before applying for ILR. But this year he will not be applying for ILR will he .... he is applying for FLR .... and ILR in 2009.

So he has over 2 years to pass the Citizenship Test.

Italy? Schengen area? Of course once in Italy there are open borders to all other Schengen area countries. So where exactly do you plan to spend the honeymoon?
John