ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

NEED UR ADVICE ON NATURALIZATION

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

lvy2k11
Newly Registered

NEED UR ADVICE ON NATURALIZATION

Post by lvy2k11 » Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:22 pm

I'VE GOT A PR AND I WILL BE DUE FOR BC NEXT YEAR APRIL BUT MY PROBLEM NOW IS THAT I WENT TO COURT FOR DRIVING WITHOUT INSURANCE AND WAS GIVING 6 POINTS ON MY LICENSE,,,I WAS GIVIN A FINE TO PAY WHICH I COULDN'T DUE TO FINANCIAL PROBLEMS,,,,,PLZ CAN ANYONE TELL ME IF ITS GONNA AFFECT MY APPLICATION FOR NATURALISATION NEXT YEAR OR WHEN I WILL BE DUE TO APPLY DUE TO APPLY.NB I WAS GIVIN THE 6 POINTS N FINE LAST YEAR MARCH......PLZ WILL REALLY APPRECIATE UR KIND ADVICE

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:12 pm

Moved to the correct forum section.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: NEED UR ADVICE ON NATURALIZATION

Post by Amber » Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:38 pm

lvy2k11 wrote:I'VE GOT A PR AND I WILL BE DUE FOR BC NEXT YEAR APRIL BUT MY PROBLEM NOW IS THAT I WENT TO COURT FOR DRIVING WITHOUT INSURANCE AND WAS GIVING 6 POINTS ON MY LICENSE,,,I WAS GIVIN A FINE TO PAY WHICH I COULDN'T DUE TO FINANCIAL PROBLEMS,,,,,PLZ CAN ANYONE TELL ME IF ITS GONNA AFFECT MY APPLICATION FOR NATURALISATION NEXT YEAR OR WHEN I WILL BE DUE TO APPLY DUE TO APPLY.NB I WAS GIVIN THE 6 POINTS N FINE LAST YEAR MARCH......PLZ WILL REALLY APPRECIATE UR KIND ADVICE
Have you paid the court fine? If not get in contact ASAP and make arrangements to pay!

At the moment your court conviction would likely fall under the non-custodial sentence, therefore, any application that you make to naturalise as a British citizen should be refused if made within 3 years of your conviction.

However please be aware that driving without insurance, could be considered an offence which would constitute recklessness. If this is the case then although your application could satisfy the non-custodial threshold after three years, the HO could still refuse your application under the good character requirement as they can still take any ‘reckless’ offences into account when looking at character.

It would be advisable to seek professional advice when preparing your application due to the conviction.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

nidaulhaque
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by nidaulhaque » Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:47 pm

I don't think u can apply for bc even if u pay fine, the problem is point even if u get 3 points they will refuse ur bc application

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:07 am

nidaulhaque wrote:I don't think u can apply for bc even if u pay fine, the problem is point even if u get 3 points they will refuse ur bc application
That is incorrect. The problem is the nature of the offence and the fact he has summoned to court due to refusing to pay. As a general rule FPN - points - do not create an automatic refusal unless there are numerous given in a short space (within the last 12 months).
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.