ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Resources to Public Funds

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ForumsPK
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Resources to Public Funds

Post by ForumsPK » Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:13 pm

Hiya

My wife is applying for ILR next week and while completing the form, we have come across this question on resources to public funds. Now we have a child who was born British (As I am British) and I have been receiving Child Benefits for her. Would it be a problem for my wife application as Section 11 states

"Please tick the relevant section to indicate the source of the finances you and your partner are relying on to adequately maintain yourselves and any dependents without recourse to public funds (see Note 7 also)"

Am I right thinking the above applies to the spouse and the children who are not British and are applying for the ILR?

Dont want her application to be rejected so need to be quite clear.

Thanks

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Resources to Public Funds

Post by Amber » Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:53 pm

ForumsPK wrote:Hiya

My wife is applying for ILR next week and while completing the form, we have come across this question on resources to public funds. Now we have a child who was born British (As I am British) and I have been receiving Child Benefits for her. Would it be a problem for my wife application as Section 11 states

"Please tick the relevant section to indicate the source of the finances you and your partner are relying on to adequately maintain yourselves and any dependents without recourse to public funds (see Note 7 also)"

Am I right thinking the above applies to the spouse and the children who are not British and are applying for the ILR?

Dont want her application to be rejected so need to be quite clear.

Thanks
As you are a bc you are not subject to immigration control and can claim child benefit without it affecting your wife's ILR. You can indicate that you are claiming child benefit.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

ForumsPK
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by ForumsPK » Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:15 pm

That's what I thought. Thanks very much for the confirmation.

ideanokia6500

Post by ideanokia6500 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:15 pm

hi

I am also applying ILR (spouse) using SET (M)

PLZ tell me what documents are required mainly concern about any income proof any threshold?

thnx
HI

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:26 pm

ideanokia6500 wrote:hi

I am also applying ILR (spouse) using SET (M)

PLZ tell me what documents are required mainly concern about any income proof any threshold?

thnx
Income proof if employed should be the last 3 months wage slips and corresponding bank statements. Although there is no direct income requirement you are expected to have an income of that of income support.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.