ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

i want to bring to UK ny child from another woman

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

AROLE
Newly Registered

i want to bring to UK ny child from another woman

Post by AROLE » Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:40 pm

I have a child from another woman out of wedlock and I want to bring her to the UK under Tier 1 general dependant. Will they require DNA proof to grant her the Tier 1 Gen dependant VISA from outside the UK

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:03 pm

Where is the child's mother? Does she look after her child?

AROLE
Newly Registered

Post by AROLE » Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:09 pm

THE CHILD'S MOTHER LIVES OUTSIDE THE UK BUT I HAV BEEN TAKING CARE OF THE CHILD SINCE BIRTH

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:37 am

Does she look after her child? Are you living in the UK at the moment, and if so, how long have you been in the UK?

Has your child lived with you?

It is a bit more complicated than getting a DNA test.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... ependants/

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/polic ... 1migrants/
(f) Both of the applicant's parents must either be lawfully present in the UK, or being granted entry clearance or leave to remain at the same time as the applicant or one parent must be lawfully present in the UK and the other is being granted entry clearance or leave to remain at the same time as the applicant, unless:

(i) The Relevant Points Based System Migrant is the applicant's sole surviving parent, or

(ii) The Relevant Points Based System Migrant parent has and has had sole responsibility for the applicant's upbringing, or

(iii) there are serious or compelling family or other considerations which would make it desirable not to refuse the application and suitable arrangements have been made in the UK for the applicant's care.