ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Invitation letter help please

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

vinsha
Newly Registered

Invitation letter help please

Post by vinsha » Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:30 am

Hi everyone, could you please help, I have applied for naturalization for me and my 2 kids ( one born here) all 3 Indian passports with Ilr on it, I have received only 2 invitation letter for me and my daughter, I didn't receive letter for my boy who was born here(on Indian passport)...What should I do?
any advice will be helpful.

Alish60

Re: Invitation letter help please

Post by Alish60 » Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:55 am

vinsha wrote:Any advice will be helpful.
I am not sure what you exactly mean by (on Indian passport) but..
Was your ILR issued before your child was born? if yes, then you son is a British citizen by birth and all you need is to apply for his British passport trough IPS. the law says a child is a British citizen if both or one of parents are permanent resident or BC at the time of birth. if this is not the case then contact UKBA via this email;
nationalityprogress@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk
include your reference number and details and ask them to send his invitation letter, they will fax it to your local council.
if you have not got the answer then please give some more details.
Good Luck

mr_danny

Post by mr_danny » Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:15 pm

vinsha wrote:Hi everyone, could you please help, I have applied for naturalization for me and my 2 kids ( one born here) all 3 Indian passports with Ilr on it, I have received only 2 invitation letter for me and my daughter, I didn't receive letter for my boy who was born here(on Indian passport)...What should I do?

I would suppose they will send his certificate directly in post to you.

jagait

Post by jagait » Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:25 pm

vinsha wrote:Hi everyone, could you please help, I have applied for naturalization for me and my 2 kids ( one born here) all 3 Indian passports with Ilr on it, I have received only 2 invitation letter for me and my daughter, I didn't receive letter for my boy who was born here(on Indian passport)...What should I do?
How old is he. As far as I am aware, oath is not required for a minor below a certain age.