ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Will my AN application denied

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sys_sagar

Will my AN application denied

Post by sys_sagar » Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:18 am

I have recently applied for UK Naturalization and sent AN form through NCS. I applied on basis of HSMP+Tier1 (5 years) +1 Yr (ILR)

One of the major requirement that needs to be met is residency requirement.
Although, in the entire last 5 years, I have been only out of UK for 88 days which is well below the threshold, and in last 1 year, I have been out only for 3 says when I went to USA.

But when Iwent to USA last year in october, the officer in USA didn't stamp my Indian passport as I have a green card, He just swapped my green card while talking to me and that's it. However, when I entered back to UK after 3 days, UKBA entry stamp is there. So, given that I have been only out for 3 days in last 1 year, there is no entry stamp of USA.

I am worried if my application would be denied ?

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:34 am

Having a stamp in the passport is not required to prove residence. There are other ways to find out when you travel (computers...).

EU nationals don't get their passport stamp within Europe but they can still apply for BC.

boloney

Post by boloney » Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:14 am

Jambo wrote:
EU nationals don't get their passport stamp within Europe but they can still apply for BC.
like myself, only provided my EU passport without stamps in it and app was approved. You can secure copy of the tickets, if there will be an issue when did you travel you will be able to prove it.

sys_sagar

Post by sys_sagar » Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:29 am

thanks.
so, you mean to say i need to appeal if they denied my application and then provde them with ticket copy. Or if there is any confusion, they will write to me asking to prove...

just to let you know all when I went to NCS , i took my last 5 years pay slips, last 5 last years P60s, last 5 last years rental agreements, last 5 last years council tax bills,last 3 last years bank statements, current employment letter.... but NCS refused to take any of them.. and just took my passport copy and Life in the UK test copy sent it to UKBA

-

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:37 am

Wow! Your bag must have been heavy.

No need for all of that. NCS know their stuff. Don't worry.

imranb

Post by imranb » Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:56 am

sys_sagar wrote:thanks.
so, you mean to say i need to appeal if they denied my application and then provde them with ticket copy. Or if there is any confusion, they will write to me asking to prove...

just to let you know all when I went to NCS , i took my last 5 years pay slips, last 5 last years P60s, last 5 last years rental agreements, last 5 last years council tax bills,last 3 last years bank statements, current employment letter.... but NCS refused to take any of them.. and just took my passport copy and Life in the UK test copy sent it to UKBA

-
You are just getting too worked up about it. Yours appears to be a straightforward case. Just relax and celebrate when the approval comes. :)

boloney

Post by boloney » Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:51 am

sys_sagar wrote:thanks.

-
you can't appeal decisio, you can only ask for reconsideration. Thats what I would do if they refuse on those grounds. I don't think they will refuse because of lack of one stamp in the passport. I had no single stamp, my passport and pr confirmation was only prove of my resdence in the UK. So you should be fine. Good luck