ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switch to Tier 2 General from ICT Est staff

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mannarmathai
Newly Registered

Switch to Tier 2 General from ICT Est staff

Post by mannarmathai » Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:04 am

Hi Gurus,

I currently hold a tier 2 Visa ICT :Established staff Visa valid from 01/08/2010 till 03/08/2013 wiTh sponsor A .

i Got a job offer from a new sponsor who has completed RLM and has assigned an ubrestricted cos to me . The start date of the job was 12/Feb/2013 .

Now i have an appointment with UKBA for the switch on April 15th ( Monday ) , i have concerns on the following .

1 ) I had read all the posts regarding tier 2 switch in this forum ( thanks everyone ) and came to know that , as i have to serve 2 months notice period my start date should be atleast 2 months from the application . Hence i have asked my sponsors to change the start date . which they changed to 11/June . My question is if i proceed with the application what are the chances that UKBA will give me an earlier date ( before 12/June , which i do not want ) or is it always like from the start date .

2 ) I have a PEO appointment on monday at 12:PM , what are the chances i will get the passport back on the same day .

3 ) If i get through , then i would be submitting my resignation . I would travelling back to home country and serving my notice period . As i plan to resign on 16th of April my end date could be in worst case 16th/ June.
My start date in cos will be 11/June , will it be an issue if i am serving the extra 5 days notice period from India . I know i cant do it in Uk

Really thank everyone who has contributed to this forum i wouldnt have known abt the start dates and would have run into trouble .

Thanks ,
Mathai

manci
Respected Guru

Re: Switch to Tier 2 General from ICT Est staff

Post by manci » Sat Apr 13, 2013 6:55 pm

mannarmathai wrote:Hi Gurus,

I currently hold a tier 2 Visa ICT :Established staff Visa valid from 01/08/2010 till 03/08/2013 wiTh sponsor A .

i Got a job offer from a new sponsor who has completed RLM and has assigned an ubrestricted cos to me . The start date of the job was 12/Feb/2013 .

Now i have an appointment with UKBA for the switch on April 15th ( Monday ) , i have concerns on the following .

1 ) I had read all the posts regarding tier 2 switch in this forum ( thanks everyone ) and came to know that , as i have to serve 2 months notice period my start date should be atleast 2 months from the application . Hence i have asked my sponsors to change the start date . which they changed to 11/June . My question is if i proceed with the application what are the chances that UKBA will give me an earlier date ( before 12/June , which i do not want ) or is it always like from the start date . if the start date in the CoS is 11 June it means that the sponsor only wants to employ you from that date - UKBA cannot change that

2 ) I have a PEO appointment on monday at 12:PM , what are the chances i
will get the passport back on the same day .

3 ) If i get through , then i would be submitting my resignation . I would travelling back to home country and serving my notice period . As i plan to resign on 16th of April my end date could be in worst case 16th/ June.
My start date in cos will be 11/June , will it be an issue if i am serving the extra 5 days notice period from India . I know i cant do it in Uk. it will not be a problem provided you agree the revised start date with the new sponsor
Really thank everyone who has contributed to this forum i wouldnt have known abt the start dates and would have run into trouble .

Thanks ,
Mathai

mannarmathai
Newly Registered

Post by mannarmathai » Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:20 pm

Thanks a Lot Manci , really appreciate the help . You really made my day .

My New sponsor had already told me to inform the early start date so that they can update the UKBA within ten days . they are ready to give 15 days

How many days i can take as grace period from my start date ? And i only want to Join after 26 th

Also will there issues if my current employer , inform UKBA that i worked for them additional 5 days from India

Thanks ,
Manu

Sinha12
Newly Registered

Tier 2 ICT Switch

Post by Sinha12 » Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:59 pm

Hi,

I am on ICT visa since April 2010 and wanted to switch to Tier 2 General.

I was offered the switch through the company called contractors4u

Anybody know this company? you can just google the name to find the website.

Please let me know if switching is possible?

Thanks,
Ratni

mannarmathai
Newly Registered

Approved Sponsor

Post by mannarmathai » Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:57 pm

the approved sponsors can be found in the following site

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... ofsponsors