ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Changing visa - T2 (ICT Long Term) to Dependent of T2 (Gen)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

supukura
Newly Registered
India

Changing visa - T2 (ICT Long Term) to Dependent of T2 (Gen)

Post by supukura » Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:11 pm

Hi,

My spouse is on Tier 2 General visa and would like to change my visa as her dependent. I came to the UK on Tier 2 ICT (Establish staff) in May 2010 and had two extensions since. In my recent extension, the Border Agency has issues me an ICT Long Term visa which expired this year.

I have some concerns which forum might be able to help me with:
1. Does cooling off period apply on me since I am now on ICT Long Term visa?
2. Can you please indicate the processing timeline at Delhi/Bangalore if you have recently received your dependent visa?
3. Can you share you experience on additional document I should submit to support my application?

Also, Can fast track visa service offered by VFS India be used for applying for dependent visa?

Thanks in advance.
Last edited by supukura on Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

supukura
Newly Registered
India

Post by supukura » Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:21 pm

Also, Can fast track visa service offered by VFS India be used for applying for dependent visa?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:41 pm

Is this quote below the same person / query as I have received this as a Private Message??
puja.saha wrote:Hi,

Does the same rules apply to T2 ICT Long Term visa holder, if he wishes to switch to T2 Gen Dependent category?

i.e. Can a current T2 ICT Long Term visa holder apply for
1. Dependent of T2 (General) in the UK? or does he need to apply from home country?
2. Does he need to serve cooling-off period before he can apply for the dependent of T2 (General) visa (i.e. my dependent)?
3. Does UKBA puts any restriction on him to work with the same company he is currently working with?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.