ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can i add marriage gift given by my employer.

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

insafpk
Newly Registered

Can i add marriage gift given by my employer.

Post by insafpk » Sat Apr 13, 2013 5:52 pm

Hi all,

I got married this year and my employer has given me cash gift for marriage.

Can you please advise, whether I can include this gift in my salaried earning for Tier 1 General extension or not.

I am really confused on this matter so your help will be really appreciated.

Thanks

Manka10

Post by Manka10 » Sat Apr 13, 2013 6:13 pm

insafpk wrote:Hi all,

I got married this year and my employer has given me cash gift for marriage.

Can you please advise, whether I can include this gift in my salaried earning for Tier 1 General extension or not.

I am really confused on this matter so your help will be really appreciated.

Thanks
:lol:
the day is not far when people will come here for a good laugh :lol:
the questions seem to get ridiculous by the day :shock:
to put an end to OPs 'confusion', how about hitting the T1 guidance notes for what can be included as INCOME or even look up webster for the definition :lol:
Manka

shahmir

Post by shahmir » Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:11 pm

Yes mate you can include it. Only a little change will be needed in immigration rules though. :lol:
lets get together for migrants' rights

mr_mar

Post by mr_mar » Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:47 am

Does it make a big difference or vital for the application ?
Well, the answer is if it is in your payslips as a bonus and included in your salary for that month then you have to include it.
If not, don't put it if it is just in your bank (cause it means it is a personal gift from your boss and not from the company which has to pay taxes on it).

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:54 pm

No you cannot include it. It's a gift, not income, not a bonus for work done well. It's money paid for you because you got married, so this has nothing to do with your remuneration package. Unless of course you tend to get married often, in which case it might be allowed (if you get married just so that your boss can give you money).

Also, did you pay tax on this money? If you didn't, then that would be another reason not to declare it to UKBA (not that I'm condoning tax evasion - just saying).
Do not send me PM's with specific questions - post question in the open forum so others can also benefit from the answers.