ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PASSPORT EXPIRES 6 MONTHS BEFORE INDEFINATE STAY

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

vikram_razdan
Newly Registered

PASSPORT EXPIRES 6 MONTHS BEFORE INDEFINATE STAY

Post by vikram_razdan » Fri Jan 26, 2007 3:37 pm

HI THERE,
I AM DUE FOR INDEFINATE STAY IN OCTOBER 2008 BUT MY PASSPORT VALIDITY EXPIRES IN APRIL 2009, WILL I HAVE TO GET EXTENSION ON MY PASSPORT BEFORE INDEFINATE STAY OR I COULD EXTEND MY PASSPORT BEFORE INDEFINATE STAY, IE, LIKE IN AUGUST 2008.

THANKS FOR HELP.

REGARDS,
VIKRAM RAZDAN

JamesC

Hi

Post by JamesC » Fri Jan 26, 2007 4:22 pm

Your passport expiring will have no effect on your application so don't worry.

If your submit your expired passport and are granted ILR, you will be granted on an Immigration Status Document. This is an A4 piece of paper with the Vignette on it. Once you renew your passport, to have it transferred to your new Passport (not a mandatory requirement) it will cost you £160 by post or £500 at the Publice Enquiry Office.

I would suggest you get a new passport ASAP from your embassy if possible. Probably best to apply for a fas-track service. You will have to submit a ppt with your application whatever happend, expired or not.

vikram_razdan
Newly Registered

PASSPORT EXPIRY

Post by vikram_razdan » Fri Jan 26, 2007 4:56 pm

HI THERE,
can i get my indian pasport renewed in by april 2008 which is one year before it's expiry as i then can go for indefinate stay on the new passport so would not have to pay the extra fees to transfer the indefinate stay on to my new passport.
regards,
vikram

jaas

Post by jaas » Fri Jan 26, 2007 5:34 pm

As per my experience..Indian embassy doesn't issue new passport for renewal ...they simple put another stamp on your current passport with new expiry date...so I think there shouldn't be any problem going for ILR even its going to expire after 6 months...

Cheers
Jaas

JamesC

Extending Pasports

Post by JamesC » Mon Jan 29, 2007 8:06 am

I believe the same is tru of Pakistani passports, sorry I didn't think of that.

Still, it may be worth, if possible, getting a new one, i wouldn't have thought they can extend it for 10 years.

I'm just saying as there is a fee involved with NTL.

J

neilroy

Post by neilroy » Mon Jan 29, 2007 10:14 am

This is not the case. U can renew ur indian passport one year before expiry and u do get a new one. I was in the same boat last year. I renewed my passport in London High Comission and it took me three weeks if u submit in person and depending on where it was issued. I then applied for my indifinte leave to remain.

JamesC

Post by JamesC » Tue Jan 30, 2007 7:55 am

Well there you go, if you can get a new one, it will save you some money in the long run.

J

vikram_razdan
Newly Registered

INDEFINATE LEAVE AND PASSPORT EXPIRY

Post by vikram_razdan » Fri Feb 16, 2007 3:11 pm

HI THERE,

thanks for help, i would definately go for renewal of passpoet first and then ILR.
may be stop at that?!!
thanks again for your help.
vikram