ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New Child Born after ILR application

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

King_tier1

New Child Born after ILR application

Post by King_tier1 » Sun Apr 14, 2013 2:05 pm

I applied for ILR on 26th October 2012 and my ILR granted on 3rd April 2013. 5 years on work permit was completed on 30th October. While waited for ILR, my second child born on 18th February 2013. Please advise me which passport I should apply for child and documents required with application.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Sun Apr 14, 2013 2:35 pm

You need to register the child as British first. He is not automatically born British as you were not settled on the date of his birth.

King_tier1

Post by King_tier1 » Sun Apr 14, 2013 2:38 pm

Lucapooka wrote:You need to register the child as British first. He is not automatically born British as you were not settled on the date of his birth.
Thanks for quick reply. Child's birth is registered here and I got certificate. Confusion is on which passport application to make ? Kindly advise.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Sun Apr 14, 2013 2:43 pm

No, you misunderstood my meaning. Everyone who is born in the UK has their birth recorded and issued with a Birth Cert, but that does not mean they are British. I was referring to registration as British. Your child was not born British and needs to be registered as British now that you are settled. This must be done before a passport can be applied for.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/briti ... shcitizen/

King_tier1

Post by King_tier1 » Sun Apr 14, 2013 2:55 pm

Lucapooka wrote:No, you misunderstood my meaning. Everyone who is born in the UK has their birth recorded and issued with a Birth Cert, but that does not mean they are British. I was referring to registration as British. Your child was not born British and needs to be registered as British now that you are settled. This must be done before a passport can be applied for.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/briti ... shcitizen/
Thank u again, I understand a MN1 form is required. Which documents required with this form as supporting?

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Sun Apr 14, 2013 3:02 pm

I would be very surprised if the link I have provided did not have that information.