ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Lost Life in teh UK test certificate for Naturalisation

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Suneel
Newly Registered

Lost Life in teh UK test certificate for Naturalisation

Post by Suneel » Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:43 am

Hi,

I am currently on ILR and completed the 1 year term required to apply for Naturalisation.
am not able to find the Life in the UK test certificate and i am still wonderng if the case worker who checked my documents when i applied for ILR had kept it with her.
I have lost the Life in the UK test Certificate and i am a bit concerned as it says on the naturalisation application that we need to prove that we have taken the test.
Read somewhere that if we go to the Nationality Checking Service(NCS) they will verify all the documents and that way you will not be required to send them in originals.
Can anyone please guide me through this issue.

Thanks,

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Lost Life in teh UK test certificate for Naturalisation

Post by Amber » Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:54 am

Suneel wrote:Hi,

I am currently on ILR and completed the 1 year term required to apply for Naturalisation.
am not able to find the Life in the UK test certificate and i am still wonderng if the case worker who checked my documents when i applied for ILR had kept it with her.
I have lost the Life in the UK test Certificate and i am a bit concerned as it says on the naturalisation application that we need to prove that we have taken the test.
Read somewhere that if we go to the Nationality Checking Service(NCS) they will verify all the documents and that way you will not be required to send them in originals.

Thanks,
The ukba should still have a copy of your life in the UK test certificate from when you applied for ILR.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Suneel
Newly Registered

Post by Suneel » Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:00 am

D4109125 wrote:
Suneel wrote:Hi,

Thanks,
The ukba should still have a copy of your life in the UK test certificate from when you applied for ILR.
Hi Amber,

So should i apply with a photo copy of the certificate that i have? Do you think they will accept it ?

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:52 am

Why do you think that you need to supply the pass certificate when applying for Naturalisation? If you read the form AN you will see that Q1.22 has a number of tick boxes.

All you need to do is to tick the first of those tick boxes. After all UKBA do have the ability to check whether the statement for that first tick box is correct.

A general comment, many people are surprised just how little supporting evidence needs to be supplied when applying for Naturalisation.
John

katievoroncova
Newly Registered

Post by katievoroncova » Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:43 am

Hi,

When I had my NCS appointment, the lady said that they only send a copy of it as it's in their guidelines, UKBA have electronic proof of Life in the UK Certificate on their systems. Perhaps explain this in the 'further information' section of the AN form and provide a reference number, if known.

Daly11
Newly Registered

Post by Daly11 » Sun Oct 25, 2015 12:43 am

Hi Suneel,
Just wondering how did you go with your application, I am in the same situation holding my LTR and now eligible to apply for Naturalisation. Did you have to sit the test again or you submit your application without one and explain to them why?. I suspected they didn't send all my documents back to me, as I couldn't find my life in UK test certificate anywhere and a few of my other docs as well.

Please help!

Thanks

sirina
Newly Registered

Post by sirina » Sun Oct 25, 2015 12:39 pm

I too lost the life in the UK test certificate. I passed it back in 2010 for my ILR application and since then I moved house and it got lost. What I did, I wrote a covering letter for this and the NCS lady said this is sufficient as even if you cannot provide the certificate, the HO will still have this on their database.

Below is what I found on their rules and guild lines:
Test results are sent to the Home Office electronically and the information is put onto Warehouse. As per Home Office’s guidance which is based on the Immigration Rules and the British Nationality Act 1981, ‘if an applicant cannot supply the letter because it has been lost, you can accept a Warehouse record as proof they have passed the test.’

Hope this helps :D and good luck!