ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switching From Tier4 To Tier2 Problem.. HELP NEEDED

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

smithyboy
Newly Registered

Switching From Tier4 To Tier2 Problem.. HELP NEEDED

Post by smithyboy » Mon Apr 15, 2013 4:16 pm

Hi,
i completed my bachelor's degree in the UK last year and this year i am currently doing my masters on a tier 4 visa. i got a sponsored job recently that is due to start middle of september. the issue is that the way the masters degree work in the UK is that it is september to september and the final results are not given till november. one of the requirements for switching from a Tier4 to Tier2 is to have proof that i have completed my current degree with the results obtained. What i want to know is.. is it possible to use my bachelors degree to apply for the work permit? or does anyone have any solution for this?. I can't use my tier 4 visa to work in a full time position and also i can't switch to a tier 2 till i get my results from my masters degree and the job starts middle of september.

Help please

sunita_asal
Newly Registered

Post by sunita_asal » Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:01 pm

Hiah

you can apply on the base of your Bachelor degree. UKBA says that you must have complete your Bachelor or Masters degree. so I dont see any problem as long as you satisfy other requirements of Tier 2 visa..

mthila

Re: Switching From Tier4 To Tier2 Problem.. HELP NEEDED

Post by mthila » Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:26 pm

smithyboy wrote:Hi,
i completed my bachelor's degree in the UK last year and this year i am currently doing my masters on a tier 4 visa. i got a sponsored job recently that is due to start middle of september. the issue is that the way the masters degree work in the UK is that it is september to september and the final results are not given till november. one of the requirements for switching from a Tier4 to Tier2 is to have proof that i have completed my current degree with the results obtained. What i want to know is.. is it possible to use my bachelors degree to apply for the work permit? or does anyone have any solution for this?. I can't use my tier 4 visa to work in a full time position and also i can't switch to a tier 2 till i get my results from my masters degree and the job starts middle of september.

Help please
I doubt because you are only half way through your new Tier 4 visa, you might have to go back home to apply. But if not, you can use your previous bachelor degree to apply without a problem. Please double check wether you can apply at all in your circumstance. If you can (I repeat) If you can, then without completing RLMT, you can apply pretty painlessly :)
Don't take "NO" for an answer if it shouldn't be!!!

sunita_asal
Newly Registered

Post by sunita_asal » Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:40 pm

Well, if you have been in the UK since you completed your Bachelor degree then there should not be problem to apply; UKBA says you must have completed your degree in your current leave or last leave granted.