ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA application form question

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jackEM

EEA application form question

Post by jackEM » Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:13 pm

Hello guys,
Long time..... I hope you are all well.

Been watching you guys helping others for 6 years.

I have approached EEA4 app time and went through the form. Some bit i want your opinion on.

Q1. In the correspondence address, can i put my office addres, will dcouments be
sent to this address in all cases, e.g. request to return the passport, after aplication is being successful....

Q2. After section 3 and before 4, it says

1---If you are applying for a document certifying permanent residence and during the 5-year continuous residence period your EEA national family member has died or left the UK, please complete section 4.

2---If you are applying for a document certifying permanent residence because your EEA national family member who was exercising Treaty rights as a worker or self-employed person has died but you have been resident in the UK for less than 5 years Please complete section 6.

3---If you are applying for a residence card on the basis that your UK national family member is treated as an EEA national under the judgment in the case of Surinder Singh, please complete section 5.

4---Please go straight to section 6 for all other applications.

First 2 options are clearly not for me, and my wife is EU national so 3rd doesn't apply either.

in 4rht option(surinder Singh Cases), its only asking if my partner was excercising treaty right in another memeber states. which is none, as me and my wife are here since 2005.

So do i cross out all the sections and go to section 7 or what....

Q3. In the section 8, where it says time spent outside UK.
i know it shoudn't exceed 6 months ....bla.bla

But wife did visited her Mom in Italy couple of time during 5 years only for a couple of weeks, and once for 5 months.
Trouble is we dont remember the dates of those couple of weeks, and we roughly remember 5 month period.

What you advise.....

Thats all.....

Sorry long message, but what can i say.... busy working life has made my mind smaller perhaps...and i am stuck with small bits...

Thanks

O by the way Congrats to all those who have recieved their EEA4, and special thanks to those who help them....

Peace

sjimoh112

Post by sjimoh112 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:06 am

Hello jackEM,
Q1. In the correspondence address, can i put my office addres, will dcouments be
sent to this address in all cases, e.g. request to return the passport, after aplication is being successful....
Well I suppose so, this section is usually used by solicitors (if using the service of one) and every correspondence are via this address. As it is stated on the form 'Name and address in the UK for all correspondence about your application if different from 1.12'
Why not use your home address for peace of mind?
Q2. After section 3 and before 4, it says.....
So do i cross out all the sections and go to section 7 or what....
If this sections are not relevant to your case as it seems. Go to the following section, 7.
Q3. In the section 8, where it says time spent outside UK.
i know it shoudn't exceed 6 months ....bla.bla

But wife did visited her Mom in Italy couple of time during 5 years only for a couple of weeks, and once for 5 months.
Trouble is we dont remember the dates of those couple of weeks, and we roughly remember 5 month period.

What you advise.....
The question that comes to mind is how did you or your spouse travelled? Did you get any travel confirmation? If so, got back to all your email. I suppose the information required we'll be waiting for you there. If you drove or sailed to your destination I suppose your only choice is to provide an estimate otherwise check phone records etc

Hope this is useful

Best wishes
[Moderator Edit]

jackEM

Post by jackEM » Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:34 pm

Thanks sjimoh112 for your time and advice.

I am not doing the application through the solicitor, that's why I wasn't sure. Giving home address in not peace of mind for me unfortunately. My wife is lost minded, careless if u say. So many time I found letters that were dated weeks back in time. She opens the post and then forgets where she put them and even forgets to tell me. Bills go overdue due to this habit, u can imagine rest. So that's why I am going to put my office address so that I can eventually receive the passport when time comes. Otherwise at home if mail person leaves "you were not home" note and I don't get to see it on time, the documents will go back to HO.

I will ignore section 5 & 6, as I believe it doesn't apply to us. Will go to section 7 straight.

It's only my wife who travelled all these years, I didn't travel anywhere for 6 years. She bought the tickets herself online always for herself, and as with other things her inbox is overflown long time ago. She may have even deleted Rynairs emails as most of them were newsletter rubbish.
But anyway I think I can roughly get idea with some othe email she was sending to me and others in those years that will give us the clue of the dates. Thanks for kicking my brain start.

It's all bcuz of her untidy nature and excessive careless attitude that today my application has many small bits missing.

Many thanks.

Peace

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:51 pm

With regards to absence, as long as the total did not exceed six months in any twelve, then your residence would not have been broken. (The directive allows for up to twelve months on one occasion for "important reasons").

jackEM

Post by jackEM » Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:45 am

Hi EUsmileWEallsmile,

Thanks for the reply.

I remember very well she hasn't never been more than 6 months. And i remember that bit where in case of important reasons, over six months absence is allowed.

My problem is that apart form that 5 months travelling every other travelling is kind of forgotten. I am hoping i will find some info from the emails.
But if i don't find, i am thinking of only mentioning this one time travel that was around 5 months, and simply not putting other years travel which was merely a week or ten days.

Would it matter? I can't figure out how?

What you recommend?

flipper77

Post by flipper77 » Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:49 pm

Q1 The form states: "1.16 Name and address in the UK for all correspondence about your application if different from
1.12" (1.12 is Your UK address - which I take to mean, where you live). So, of course you could use a different address - that's exactly what that section of the form is for.

Q2 The form is incorrect, it states "all other applicants go to section 6", however section 6 is for Surinder Singh cases. I think you need to complete section 7.

Q3 With regard to section 8, I'd say complete it to the best of your ability/knowledge - certainly don't tell any lies, maybe it will end up something like "2010 - EEA National spent 5 months in Italy", without giving specific dates - but if that's all you can remember, that's all you've got! I do wonder though, how this effects her exercising her Treaty Rights?

The other thing to remember though, is that the form is not compulsory to use - so you could either ignore sections, or not use the form at all! However, you should certainly use it as a guide to knowing exactly what evidence you need to provide.

Good luck!
EEA2 Application sent: 09/10/2012
Received by UKBA: 10/10/2012
COA received: 19/10/2012 (dated 17/10/2012)
Passports requested: 14/11/12, 28/11/12 & 12/12/12 (email) and 11/12/12 (mail)
Passports received: 17/12/2012
RC received: 14/02/2013

jackEM

Post by jackEM » Thu Apr 18, 2013 4:04 pm

flipper77 wrote:

Q1 The form states: "1.16 Name and address in the UK for all correspondence about your application if different from
1.12" (1.12 is Your UK address - which I take to mean, where you live). So, of course you could use a different address - that's exactly what that section of the form is for.
Thank you. That's what i need to have the control myself.
flipper77 wrote: Q2 The form is incorrect, it states "all other applicants go to section 6", however section 6 is for Surinder Singh cases. I think you need to complete section 7.
Thank you. That's what it seemed to me in the first place.
Twice it says, "....go to section 6"...
Anyway i am just gonna ignore their lack of form creative abilities, and just fill the section 7.

flipper77 wrote: Q3 With regard to section 8, I'd say complete it to the best of your ability/knowledge - certainly don't tell any lies, maybe it will end up something like "2010 - EEA National spent 5 months in Italy", without giving specific dates - but if that's all you can remember, that's all you've got!
No no. i won't be telling any lies at all. I don't need to, Do i?
Will only be saying, what i remember. Certainly don't want to make it complicated for the reader.
flipper77 wrote: I do wonder though, how this effects her exercising her Treaty Rights?
She is self-employed since 2005, so Treaty Rights will be proved by bank statements. Rest you can figure out very well.
Secondly, she went to help her mother bcuz her mom wanted to go for some kind of back operation.... anyway i don't think they can pick on that at any cost bcuz her business was run by me in her absence.... So
flipper77 wrote: The other thing to remember though, is that the form is not compulsory to use - so you could either ignore sections, or not use the form at all! However, you should certainly use it as a guide to knowing exactly what evidence you need to provide.
Exactly. I read that part that's why i said earlier, some bit i may simply ignore(if i can't remember those teeny tiny bit of info).
But i needed assurance of how any absence is linked to Ho, if i am producing evidence of business activity in her absence.
i guess they won't bother if they see SA301/SA300 document of self assessment.
Infact the business activity was on peak in her absence of those 5 months.

flipper77 wrote: Good luck!
Thank you so much.

Peace

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:13 pm

jackEM wrote:Hi EUsmileWEallsmile,

Thanks for the reply.

I remember very well she hasn't never been more than 6 months. And i remember that bit where in case of important reasons, over six months absence is allowed.

My problem is that apart form that 5 months travelling every other travelling is kind of forgotten. I am hoping i will find some info from the emails.
But if i don't find, i am thinking of only mentioning this one time travel that was around 5 months, and simply not putting other years travel which was merely a week or ten days.

Would it matter? I can't figure out how?

What you recommend?
A statement to the effect that no absences exceeded six months in any twelve month period should be sufficient.