ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Income Tax Through PAYE - Clarification

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

dingdon

Income Tax Through PAYE - Clarification

Post by dingdon » Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:15 am

Dear All,

I have read the earlier posts and sticky on this topic. Still didn't get clarity.

I am applying for BC this month.(5 Years( WP + Tier 1 General) + 1Year ILR). In section 3: Good Character requirement I have to give the Name of the Employer or Business, Address of Tax office or tax office reference.

I have been in the current employment from last 7 Months( Sep 2012 - Till Date) and earlier(Sep 2011 to Aug 2012) I was contractor drawing my income ( Salary + Dividend ) as Ltd Company Director.

My question is...Will it be OK if I just mention my Current employment details (I am in this employment only from last 7 Months) or Do i need to provide HM Revenue & Customs Self Assessment Statement of Account?

Please share your thoughts.

sys_sagar

Re: Income Tax Through PAYE - Clarification

Post by sys_sagar » Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:38 am

I think if you are PAYE at this moment, you can just mention it as current employment.

the guidance is
"SECTION 7 Evidence of tax for self-employed applicants [b]only[/b]
The most recent HM Revenue & Customs Self Assessment Statement of Account"

As you can see above, you need to submit tax returns only if you are on self-employment "ONLY"

As you are on PAYE now, you might not need it.

This is just my thought, I will wait more for Senior Members and moderators to comment.

destiniation_london

Post by destiniation_london » Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:23 am

Just mention your current employment PAYE, if required UKBA can ask HMRC for employment history based on your NI number.

Just FYI - the self-assessment statement of account is required only if you are self-employed, working as limited company director is not the same. Limited company director is still classed as employee.

dingdon

Post by dingdon » Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:56 am

sys_sagar,destiniation_london thanks for clarification.