ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

what number does ukba call from?

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

dd156
BANNED

what number does ukba call from?

Post by dd156 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:58 am

I received a call from a private number but the line was so bad, I couldn't hear a thing.
The person then did not call back.
Is there any way to ascertain that it was the UKBA?
Does the UKBA call from a private number?

sam487

Post by sam487 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:37 pm

Hi

yes it can be UKBA , i recieved call from UKBA from unknown number to confirm if i am going to attend interview or not.

so dont be suspicious all the time.

sam

dd156
BANNED

Post by dd156 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:47 pm

Hi,
Thank you for replying. I wasn't being suspicious.
It's just that the line wasn't clear and the person din't call back. As it was a private number, I don't know what to do as I cannot call back.

surveyer

Re: what number does ukba call from?

Post by surveyer » Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:20 pm

dd156 wrote:I received a call from a private number but the line was so bad, I couldn't hear a thing.

Same thing happened with me, missed their call (unknown number), don't know how to get back. Have you tried ringing any number? If successful, please update. Only if we speak to them, the interview date gets confirmed is it? Email reply isn't sufficient?

dd156
BANNED

Post by dd156 » Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:00 pm

surveyer wrote:
dd156 wrote:I received a call from a private number but the line was so bad, I couldn't hear a thing.

Same thing happened with me, missed their call (unknown number), don't know how to get back. Have you tried ringing any number? If successful, please update. Only if we speak to them, the interview date gets confirmed is it? Email reply isn't sufficient?
Hi,
No, I haven't tried calling any number because I am not sure about what number I should call. Do you think it is worthwhile trying to get through to the regular customer service department?
I don't know about interviews because I never received any letter. Do they call in place of sending out letters also?
Did they leave any voicemail?

surveyer

Post by surveyer » Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:49 am

dd156 wrote:
surveyer wrote:

Hi,
No, I haven't tried calling any number because I am not sure about what number I should call. Do you think it is worthwhile trying to get through to the regular customer service department?
I don't know about interviews because I never received any letter. Do they call in place of sending out letters also?

Hi, our scenario is different I guess then. I did get invite for interview and then I emailed them back the reply form. I had a call from an unknown number which I missed, not sure if it was them UKBA. You can try ringing like you mentioned. No they didn't leave any voicemail.

dd156
BANNED

Post by dd156 » Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:34 pm

surveyer wrote:
Hi,

Hi, our scenario is different I guess then. I did get invite for interview and then I emailed them back the reply form. I had a call from an unknown number which I missed, not sure if it was them UKBA. You can try ringing like you mentioned. No they didn't leave any voicemail.
Hi,
How many days before the phone call did you receive the letter? And how many days did it take to arrive via second class mail? Thanks.

surveyer

Post by surveyer » Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:11 pm

dd156 wrote:
surveyer wrote:
Hi,

Hi,
How many days before the phone call did you receive the letter? And how many days did it take to arrive via second class mail? Thanks.

Hi, you wont get a call before the letter. The letter comes first and then they ask you to reply to the interview form via email. I am not sure if they call and speak to confirm. As you still haven't got a letter for interview, don't expect a confirmatory call unless they call you to ask for some documents or something related. Letter probably takes three to four days within UK.