ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 ICT (Dependent Visa) to Tier 2 General Switch

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

madhusudana
Newly Registered

Tier 2 ICT (Dependent Visa) to Tier 2 General Switch

Post by madhusudana » Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:42 pm

Hi All,

I was working on Tier 2 ICT (Intra Company Transfer) from (August 2010 till June 2012).

After this my parent company asked me to travel to India. In Oct 2012, I processed my Tier 2 ICT Dependent Visa and have started working on a permanent role for a company in London from Feb 18 2013. The dependant visa is getting expired on 15 Aug 2013, my current employer is not in a position to sponsor me Tier 2 General Visa.

In this situation considering the cooling of period (12 Months) required to switch to Tier 2 General will I be able to continue working for the current employer post August?

Can any umbrella company sponsor me Tier 2 General visa? If yes:

Will I be able to work for my employer on a permanent role or can I only work as a contractor?

Can the Tier 2 General visa be sponsored from here UK or should I go back to India?

For me to continue in the same role should the current employer need to conduct RLMT (Residence Labour Market Test) before recruiting me on Tier 2 General visa.

Please clarify.