ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Successful ILR application @ solihull PEO

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

PLGKL
Newly Registered

Successful ILR application @ solihull PEO

Post by PLGKL » Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:58 pm

I would like to share my experience with solihull PEO branch.

My appointment was at 09:00 and i was there by 08:30, security guard opened the door and asked me to get inside.

then at reception they have asked me to confirm my appointment date, time and my name, after the confirmation

they have asked me to show the SET O form and how am i paying my fee today? [debit card / credit card etc..]

They will ask you to put all your wallet / mobiles in the tray and they will do the airport style security check.

Note: If mobile phone is switched on, they will ask you to switch off the mobile.

Once the security check is done, they will ask you collect your items [wallet, mobile etc...] and they will ask you sit at the waiting room. After 10-15 mins, someone from staff will come and give you the token with number

and feedback form. The backside of feedback form also contains some useful information about what happens on the day of your appointment.

All the above things were happend between 08:30 to 09:00. They have some counters and you will called by using the token number they given you earlier. I have got call at 09:05 to go the counter x. This is where your actual documetation work starts...

At the counter, they will ask you show the token number which you have received earlier and they will give it back.

then they have asked me to provide SET O form and passport(s) and then they verify the form page by page, while officer verifies those pages, they will give you a sheet to fill it and confirm. Basically those questions are yes/no.. ex:- Do you receive any public funds? etc....

The officer will ask to you to provide documents, in my case, i am a self employed, [Payslips [12], Personal Bank statements / Business Bank Statements / Dividend Vourchers / Letters from accoutant / company accounts / life in the UK TEST / last 5 years P60 OR tax paid proof], once they verify all the documents, if they have any questions / need any further documents they will ask you at this stage. [In my case they have asked all copies of the documents i provided.]

and they ask you "Are you happy to proceed further" with the application? I said "Yes".

then, they will go out of their desk for a while, probably doing some background checks and come back in 5-10 mins, during this time they will deduct the money and they will give you the receipt and original set o form payment page to you.

Note: Keep the token and payment receipt safe all the time.

The officer will keep all the docuemnts, BRP card except your passports and they will return your original passports, and the officer will ask you to go back to waiting room.

Once you are at waiting room, your token number will be called for Biometrics on so and so counter, go to the

counter, show your token number and submit your passport(s), they will ask you to confirm your name, date of

birth, address etc and you give your biometrics and they take photo as well... [5-10 mins], and they keep

original passport(s).

I did ask why you want to keep those passports :), the reply i have got from them is, in case, case worker

requires some additional information from the original passports / OR for verification etc... they will ask you

to go back to waiting room. After 10-15 mins, somebody came and informed me that you application has been

considered and asked me to show the receipt of payment. Once the they have checked they will ask you to leave the

building and give you the time to come back. In my case they have given me 1.5 hours time and after i went back,

they have asked me to show the token number and they told me that "Congratulations", you have got your ILR visa.

and they return all your originals including passports except BRP card, they informed me that it will take 7-10

working days to get new BRP card. Along with your documents they give you ILR granted letter.

Some useful information:

I came to UK on TIER 1 GENERAL initally and got extension for 2 years [3+2] but my initial visa issue date and the date i entered in UK is different and it is 87 days after i got my visa issued.

As per new ILR qualifying period, if anyone comes to UK due to delayed travel and the days are less than 90 days between visa issue date and the date you entered in UK, and these are not counted as absense. The visa officer may consider your application. In my case they have consider those 87 days and didn't ask me any documents for reason for delayed travel.

Previous earnings:
At the time of my extension i have shown 60+K salary and this time i have shown only 50K salary, they have a query on my previous earnings, the present earnings are lower than previous extension earnings and they have checked internally senior / manager, as long as the amount falls under same bracket of previously then its ok... I really didn't know about this rule but i want to take full points [45] and luckly i was falling under the same category.

Hope this information helps...

Thanks

Tier1toILR

Post by Tier1toILR » Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:08 pm

Congratulations !!!

Thanks for your reply in advance.

However, if I may confirm more specifics about date of entry clearance, your entry and your ILR PEO date please. It will help to understand it better since I'm in a similar situation and not sure if I should consider EC or First Entry to the UK date.

Thanks.

samrobert
Newly Registered

Re: Successful ILR application @ solihull PEO

Post by samrobert » Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:40 pm

Hi PLGKL,

I have one question that is about the form they asked you to fill which talks about questions like public fund..
as my wife received public fund in the past..so the question was in present or past tense and also it was about you or your spouse was also included in it..

thanks for your cooperation..