ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU spouse family permit processing time

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Ramcyy
Newly Registered

EU spouse family permit processing time

Post by Ramcyy » Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:55 pm

hiii

I am an AUSTRIAN passport holder and i married my indian boyfriend on 29 september 2012. we applied for EU family permit in october 2012. got the reference letter from UKBA on 18 october 2012. Its been 6 months and i havent received any update. on their website it say maximum time is 6 months but its 6 months already. can anyone help me with this. how long will it take more??

Pablito
Member of Standing
Poland

Post by Pablito » Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:41 am

Maximum is 4 weeks, in your case scenario its now time you find out email to the embassy strongly complain.

You may also want at this stage make complaint to solvit and European Commission, I think maybe Solvit can even help you with compensation, not sure though.

ukforever
Member of Standing

Re: EU spouse family permit processing time

Post by ukforever » Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:50 am

Ramcyy wrote:hiii

I am an AUSTRIAN passport holder and i married my indian boyfriend on 29 september 2012. we applied for EU family permit in october 2012. got the reference letter from UKBA on 18 october 2012. Its been 6 months and i havent received any update. on their website it say maximum time is 6 months but its 6 months already. can anyone help me with this. how long will it take more??
what a joke..!!it should have been approved in 4 weeks maximum,u should complain and very strongly..u should wait up to 6 month for a residence card not for the family permit,its an entry clearance visa so it shouldn't take more than 4 weeks,its like u are applying for a short stay visa of 90 days or even the long stay 6 month..just complain to the embassy and also to solvit and the eu commission.
UK------++++-------****

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:02 pm

Ramcyy wrote:hiii

Was this an in-country application or outside?

Residence cards can take up to six months.
Entry visas are meant to be issued as soon as possible and on the basis of an accelerated procedure (at most a matter of weeks).

toraqa
Syria

Post by toraqa » Sat Apr 12, 2014 5:26 am

i have a similar situation .
i'm syrian and my wife is romanian
married since 2011

application has been submitted and biometric has been taken since 11/2/2014 bucharest romania

it's been 60 days and no answer yet.

toofan
Member of Standing

Post by toofan » Sat Apr 12, 2014 7:22 pm

according to directive's family members visa should be issued free of charge and on accelerated process.
You may have to fight a battle more than once to win it.
<<<<<<<TOOFAN>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

toraqa
Syria

Post by toraqa » Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:31 pm

toofan wrote:according to directive's family members visa should be issued free of charge and on accelerated process.
would you take a look at my case and give me your opinion please

http://www.immigrationboards.com/eea-ro ... 62268.html