ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

got family permit ..please guide me next

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sahil239
Newly Registered

got family permit ..please guide me next

Post by sahil239 » Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:10 pm

hi i am very gratful to you bcoz here i find a lot of information ,,,now there are some questions which confused me and i hope anyone here will help me to answer,,
i got my family permit yesterday and its valid untill october but due to some reasons i cant go uk before august..so when i enter to uk having 2 months in my family permit what i have to do next?
i must apply for residence card before finishing my family permit or family permit is just an entry visa and i can apply for RC anytime?
as i have a one year baby and my wife cant work bcoz she will take care of the baby,we also dont have too much funds to show as self sufficient so how my wife can exercise treaty rights?
what i have to do when i reach to uk bcoz i want to move to uk forever so what will be my first step when enter to uk?
is two months will be enough to arrange all documemts for applying RC? please write me in detail..i will be very thankful to you..waiting for reply

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:36 pm

Once entered Uk let your family permit to expire and anytime you wish you can apply EEA2 RC which is just a confirmation of residence right and is not mandatory. 1st 3 months an EEA national is free from excercising treaty rights. If your funds allow you to not to become burden on public benefits then regardless of the funds you have must fulfill the self sufficiency criteria and you will certainly need private health insurance too for whole family in this regard.
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:04 pm

You can enter the UK with family permit before it expires whenever it suits you.

You can apply for residence card whenever you wish. Bear in mind that EU national will be expected to be exercising treaty rights - worker, self-sufficient, student...

sahil239
Newly Registered

Post by sahil239 » Sat Apr 20, 2013 6:09 pm

thanks brothers...i am very thankful to all of you...you are doing great job...God bless you all