ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Life in the UK Test & Permanent residence

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Pradeep Kumar
Newly Registered

Life in the UK Test & Permanent residence

Post by Pradeep Kumar » Mon Jan 29, 2007 11:06 am

Hi
I entered in UK on 9th May 2002 on Work Permit and now I am on HSMP(stamped) valid until April 2008 .Planning to apply for Permanent residence in April ,2007 .

I have two questions

First question:

if I appear for Life in the UK Test in march month would that be valid as I read somewhere that from 2nd April 2007 there is a new book being released.

and

Second question :
I got married in in January 2006 and my wife entered in UK on 31st Janauary 2006 .
Can she also appear for "Life in the UK test" in march and apply for Permanent Residence with me in April 2007.

Please advise .
Regards
Pradeep

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Mon Jan 29, 2007 12:02 pm

The answers to your questions are ... yes .... and .... yes!

Q1 .... there is no expiry date on the pass certificate.

Q2 ... you will include your wife on your application form, so when you are granted your ILR, so will your wife.
John

jbinuk

Post by jbinuk » Mon Jan 29, 2007 3:03 pm

Yes, you can take the test now..and I suggest you take it as soon as you can.

I am due to appy for ILR on May and I had my test 2 weeks ago. I thought of completing it early because it might be difficult or might take long time to book a test since they have required the test for ILR application. Mind you that there will be more people that will need to take the test now.

ronnng

Post by ronnng » Tue Jan 30, 2007 10:36 am

Hi there,

my partner due to apply for ILR in Sept 07, would it be too soo for him to take the test.. as you mentioned, the certificate doesn't expired. i was just worry they might turn around and say we might take another test coz of the changes in April 07?? pls advise :roll:

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Tue Jan 30, 2007 10:43 am

No, they will not say that another test needs to be taken, so the only downside is studying for the current test, and failing, and then needing to study for the new test that starts to be available in April.
John