ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Fiance Visa queries...

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

paul79
Newly Registered

Fiance Visa queries...

Post by paul79 » Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:16 am

Hi all,

First post, so please go easy! I have had a good search on the forum so please do not think I have not made an effort to answer my own questions :D

As the title of the thread states, my Fiance and I are looking to apply for a Fiance Visa. I have a few questions about the requirements that need to be met. BTW my fiance is American.

- I am currently getting divorced. Can confirmation from my solicitor suffice to prove a permanent breakdown in marriage, or do we have to wait for a Decree Absolute?
- How do you get the proof of a place together, and addresses when my fiance will have no legal way of being here other than a tourist entry?
- Lastly, if she came whilst applying for a Visa, would she be covered by the NHS? I assume that once a fiance Visa has been granted, she will be covered by the NHS.

Many thanks for any help, it would be greatly appreciated.

Paul
:D

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Re: Fiance Visa queries...

Post by Lucapooka » Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:02 pm

SET1.17 What if the divorce / dissolution process is not yet finalised?
An entry clearance should not be refused for this reason alone. The ECO would normally expect to see evidence that the divorce / dissolution proceedings are well under way.

While the divorce / dissolution may well come through within the 6-month Leave to Enter (LTE) period, thereby enabling the couple to marry, the ECO should be aware that divorce / dissolution proceedings may take longer than 6 months to resolve.

Should one of the partners still be waiting for a divorce / dissolution to come through at the end of the 6-month LTE period, they may apply to the UK Border Agency for an extension of stay. Once married, the applicant may then apply for Leave to Remain (LTR) as a spouse.

paul79
Newly Registered

Post by paul79 » Sat Apr 20, 2013 8:50 pm

Lucapooka,

Many thanks for the reply! Interesting :)

Anyone know any information on my other q's?

Many thanks, P :wink:

0zzy1

Post by 0zzy1 » Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:00 am

paul79 wrote:Lucapooka,

Many thanks for the reply! Interesting :)

Anyone know any information on my other q's?

Many thanks, P :wink:
Don't know about the NHS question but for the proof of accommodation my friend used his parent's house as a "temporary third party" place of living for him and his wife untill they found themselves a rented place. He did have to get a property inspection report done (proof of no overcrowding) and send the land registry documents as evidence but he got the visa so I'm sure this works.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:27 pm

"Lastly, if she came whilst applying for a Visa, would she be covered by the NHS" Not while she's on a visitor visa. You also need to bear in mind that she can't apply for a fiance or spouse visa from within the UK.

paul79
Newly Registered

Post by paul79 » Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:41 pm

Thanks for the replies, it all helps. :lol: