ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK FAMILY VISIT VISA FOR MOTHER AND YOUNG BROTHER

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rahulbsp
Newly Registered

UK FAMILY VISIT VISA FOR MOTHER AND YOUNG BROTHER

Post by rahulbsp » Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:44 pm

Hi,
My situation is as follows:
Currently on Tier1 will be applying for ILR in July first week.
Expecting baby by August end.
Mother widow and disabled, In India.
Brother working as freelancer age 25, In India.

I want to apply for family visit visa for my mother and brother so that they can come here during the baby delivery and be part of that experience.

I want to apply for visa in month of May(when I am still on tier 1) as I am going to India that time and I can accompany them in VFS.

Now what is the chance of my brother getting the visit visa. I have heard that UK embassy generally refuses the visa for young ppl.

Also will it make any difference if I apply for the visit visa after my ILR, i.e in month of July?

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:30 pm

No one can say what the chances of approval are. Age is not a factor if the applicant is not considered to be a risk. If they have strong social and economic ties to their homeland they should be issued visas.

If they apply after you are granted ILR, they will be given appeal rights if they are refused, but it will not make their application any stronger.