ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier-1 New born dependent

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nks

Tier-1 New born dependent

Post by nks » Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:53 pm

Hello,

We are about to apply for Indian birth registration of our new born. Just wanted to know from someone who has been through this, can we apply for birth registration and new passport on same day at Indian Consulate. Are 4 pics enough for both or need we take more?

Many thanks,
nks

tereliye01
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by tereliye01 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:56 am

Hi Mate,

I did this for my child last month. To be frank there is no procedure they follow at the Indian Consulate. One of my friend got both things done on same day, I had to go back again a week later (I had provided a self addressed envelop at the time of brith registration and it took a week to get the certificate by post) to apply for my child's passport as they said I need a hard copy of Indian Birth Registration Certificate to apply for Indian Passport for my child.

About the photos, you will need more than 4 photos. 2 for birth registration (this is in upstairs office), 2 for passport application and 1 to affix on passport application form. I would take 8 photos with me just in case.

List of documents needed for child's Indian passport:
1. Copy of parent's passports first, last and visa pages (if you have current valid visa as a stamp)
2. Copy of parent's biometric cards (front and back)
3. Child's short form birth certificate (one you get for free when you register birth in UK)
4. Child's full birth certificate (one you have to pay for)
5. Child's Indian Birth Registration Certificate
6. Parent's marriage certificate
7. Exact change for fee amount (I paid £36, please check current fees on Indian consulate website)
8. Self addressed priority envelop for your child's passport (unless you want to go back again a week later to pick it up)

Documents 1 and 2 need to self attested, meaning, you need to sign on the copy if it is your passport copy n same holds true for your spouse. If your spouse has not signed and is not at the consulate with you, they will very "rudely" tell you to go away and come back again with proper documentation. Also make sure you take originals with you as they will verify every copy with original before accepting your application.

Kind Regards,
Bob

nks

Post by nks » Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:18 am

Thank you for your detailed reply. Do we need to take the baby along to consulate or are they happy with just a single parent physical presence along with required documentation ?

Thanks,
nks

bubin123
Member of Standing

Post by bubin123 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:21 am

Single parent will be OK...

tereliye01
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by tereliye01 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:47 pm

Single parent should be fine, I went by myself without my wife and child.

Cheers,
Bob