ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Technical Question - Day and Month of Birth Unknow

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Imagine2010
Newly Registered

Technical Question - Day and Month of Birth Unknow

Post by Imagine2010 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:18 am

I am completing form AN for a NCS appointment next month but i have a slight problem. My mother's birth certificate has never had a day or date of birth - only the year of birth.
What should i do? Just right the year of birth on the form? this has never been a problem at home but its the first time i have to use it for the UKBA and i am concerned they will be asking me questions.

Any suggestions?

Somudro
Member of Standing

Post by Somudro » Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:39 am

It is strange that Birth Certificate don't have date of Birth. So what is the pupose of the Birth Certificate?

Imagine2010
Newly Registered

Post by Imagine2010 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:07 pm

No its not actually...as far as i know this is quite common. Our grand parents remembered years to birth and seasons not the date. This particularly Birth certificate was created through a court order and a day/date was never added (unknown). The date only on a BC has never been a problem and i have never had to use it on any of my immigration applications. So any suggestions on how i should move this forward?

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:45 pm

Just fill in the year and leave day/month empty ?

It is quite common with previous generations in some parts of the world. I don't think this should be an issue.

Imagine2010
Newly Registered

Post by Imagine2010 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:38 pm

Thank you Jambo...my mum's national ID Card, passport and all official documents only have a Year of Birth. Thank you.

ijaz.khanz
Newly Registered

Re: Technical Question - Day and Month of Birth Unknow

Post by ijaz.khanz » Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:09 am

Imagine2010 wrote:I am completing form AN for a NCS appointment next month but i have a slight problem. My mother's birth certificate has never had a day or date of birth - only the year of birth.
What should i do? Just right the year of birth on the form? this has never been a problem at home but its the first time i have to use it for the UKBA and i am concerned they will be asking me questions.

Any suggestions?
hi, its pretty common is many countries, but as to follow standards if not date and month is written on the docs it has to be considered as 01.01. means if ur mother birth certificate shows as 1953, it will be taken as 01.01.1953, so put 01 in day and 01 in month. mine was same and put that in not had any problems.