ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent Tier 2 old soc code error PLEASE HELP !!!!

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

catchhster

Urgent Tier 2 old soc code error PLEASE HELP !!!!

Post by catchhster » Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:39 am

Hi I wonder you can help
soc 2000
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

(do ctrl+f and find 1136)

In the old soccode 2000 as mention in the PDF above my friends soc code is 1136 and his role title mention in cos is Head of IT ( telecoms company)

Not his title does not match any mention in the 1136 roles and his salary is 24000 he already made his application and given biometrics. is this wrong what is going to happen?how do they match his role?

he is switching from psw and applied around feb 2013

please help and suggest what could be done
Sivakumar

godistrue

Re: Urgent Tier 2 old soc code error PLEASE HELP !!!!

Post by godistrue » Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:57 pm

catchhster wrote:Hi I wonder you can help
soc 2000
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

(do ctrl+f and find 1136)

In the old soccode 2000 as mention in the PDF above my friends soc code is 1136 and his role title mention in cos is Head of IT ( telecoms company)

Not his title does not match any mention in the 1136 roles and his salary is 24000 he already made his application and given biometrics. is this wrong what is going to happen?how do they match his role?

he is switching from psw and applied around feb 2013

please help and suggest what could be done
Title is not a problem. You can have any title. SOC code and Job Description must be same. The only problem may be Salary. Minimum salary in 1136 code is 25k. I think atleast he need to get 25k.

Usually UKBA will allow to do biometrcis, if the application is ok. So your friend may be in safe position.

catchhster

Post by catchhster » Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:07 pm

@godistrue Hi thanks for the reply. minimum salary is 25K ? so they will match it to the minimum salary? 25 k is for QA manager my friend's job description does not match that I am afraid.

Biometrics are done before the application is processed. This is a big myth among the applicants I think so biometrics is just a process on application and does not guarantee the application successful. So can any one endorse this please? lot of people assuming if the biometrics is done then application is good this is not true .

Thanks for the reply
Sivakumar

godistrue

Post by godistrue » Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:15 pm

catchhster wrote:@godistrue Hi thanks for the reply. minimum salary is 25K ? so they will match it to the minimum salary? 25 k is for QA manager my friend's job description does not match that I am afraid.

Biometrics are done before the application is processed. This is a big myth among the applicants I think so biometrics is just a process on application and does not guarantee the application successful. So can any one endorse this please? lot of people assuming if the biometrics is done then application is good this is not true .

Thanks for the reply
In that job code the minimum salary is 25k. So atleast your friend need to match any salary from that code. If the job description doesnt match, they call to HR and HR has to be prepared about these things.

catchhster

Post by catchhster » Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:31 pm

@godistrue

Thanks for the clarification. the job title is QA manager (computer
and video games): £25,000

Here my friend is Head of IT in telecoms company and is no where near a QA manager he manages sort of call centre.

That is a good advice hope UKBA calls the company but this is going to be challenging as they wont be able to match his role to QA manager but to some other and also his salary has to be matched. I will let him know about this

Many thanks
Sivakumar

godistrue

Post by godistrue » Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:53 pm

catchhster wrote:@godistrue

Thanks for the clarification. the job title is QA manager (computer
and video games): £25,000

Here my friend is Head of IT in telecoms company and is no where near a QA manager he manages sort of call centre.

That is a good advice hope UKBA calls the company but this is going to be challenging as they wont be able to match his role to QA manager but to some other and also his salary has to be matched. I will let him know about this

Many thanks
Its not to match QAManager. It has to match the proper one from any of the Job Title with salary.