ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa expires next month - eligibility of work

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

workseeker
Newly Registered

Visa expires next month - eligibility of work

Post by workseeker » Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:36 pm

Hi All,

I have applied for 10 years ILR on 23 Nov 2012, received my Bio-metric in the month of 10 Jan 2013 which was done the day next. Now my Tier 1 General visa is due to expire by end of next month.

Even though it says in the bio-metric letter that I can continue to work until the decision has been made, does this rule applies for dependents as well?

If my dependents employer is asking for any evidence to show the eligible to continue her current work, can bio-metric letter addressed to me is sufficient enough to provide as evidence?

On a separate note: If for any reason SET(o) application is refused after my Tier - 1 Visa expiry, am I still eligible to apply for FLR on Tier 1?

Any help on the above information is much appreciated.

Many Thanks

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:39 pm

The main applicant can continue to work until the decision.
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

z18runway

Re: Visa expires next month - eligibility of work

Post by z18runway » Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:21 am

workseeker wrote:does this rule applies for dependents as well?
No

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri May 10, 2013 6:34 am

See also Right to work.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.