ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passport held by HO for 4 years

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Konaine
Newly Registered

Passport held by HO for 4 years

Post by Konaine » Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:41 pm

Hi All,

I am posting on behalf of a friend who is very worried and depressed because of his visa situation.

He posted his T1 Gen Initial application in 2008. He posted 1 day late and then due to some problem the application was rejected. He hired a lawyer and appealed the decision. Since then his case is with HO and they keep telling him its in process. From time to time he was asked for new payslips and bank statements but nothing else. He has tried expediting via MP but nothing. They keep telling its in process and they will send when they have done all checks. He works full time and has not had any problems and HO not even contact his employee.

In the meanwhile he got married to a girl who is on a work permit and is well settled. Now every one is advising him to change and become her dependent. The problem is that he does not want to travel back to his country as no one's sure how long it would take or even if he will get a visa?

Is there any way for him to get his visa. Can he switch from the UK and become dependent of his wife.

Any responses in this matter will be very much appreciated.

Thanks.

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:56 pm

I think you need to supply more information.

Sounds like he was switching, what category did he switch from?

What date did he post and what was it late for?

What was the reason for the rejection?

Who asked him for new payslips? Solicitor or UKBA? What was the reason given?

Who keeps telling him its in process? MP, solicitor or Home Office?
Do not send me PM's with specific questions - post question in the open forum so others can also benefit from the answers.

Konaine
Newly Registered

Post by Konaine » Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:25 am

Mulderpf, Many Thanks for your reply. Sorry it took a while to get his info from him.

to answer your questions

He switched from the psw category. It was IGS at the time.

He posted in oct 2008 and just out of forgetfulness applied a day late.

He was employed and self employed and HO had some questions about his self employment and wrongfully rejected. He appealed the decision.

His solicitor told him that the HO has asked for recent Bank statements and pay slips. reason given was that they are doing further checks.

My friend chases the solicitor and the solicitor keeps telling him that HO saying its in process and nothing further can be done.

I think the most crucial question here is that will he be able to switch and become dependent to his wife from within the UK OR are there any ways for him to reach out to the HO to expedite this matter.

Many Thanks.

Konaine
Newly Registered

Post by Konaine » Fri May 03, 2013 1:54 pm

Can anyone please answer if you have any knowledge about this?

Many Thanks.