ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Form AN - Section 3.1

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

barker

Form AN - Section 3.1

Post by barker » Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:06 pm

Hi,

My wife and I got our ILR in June last year through her Tier 1 visa. She will be applying for naturalisation in June this year. I just wanted some clarity on the employment section on the AN form.

She was working full time till March this year when she resigned and took up a contract role. She is now working as a consultant through her limited company and is registered as a director. Given the nature of the contract she will not be able to raise an invoice to the client till the middle of May and will probably get paid by them in June. The accountant will arrange for her to be paid after this.

Now since she will most likely not have been paid in this new arrangement by the time she applies for her naturalisation, what should she enter in this section. She cannot say unemployed as she will have been working, but there will be no record of payment at all. Also the self assessment cannot be submitted as the company was set up in the current financial year and no returns have been filed.

Should she then just enter details of her Ltd company and NI number as employer? Or will she need to explain why there is no NI payment made so far under her name in the year 2013 - 2014

the matrix
Newly Registered

UTR

Post by the matrix » Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:58 am

Mention her NI number and tick the box of Director of Limited Company/ self employed.Mention the UTR number if she has been allocated one.

UKBA will make HMRC enquiries with the UTR code and NI number. It also helps to use Page 13 (other information page ) to mention the details of not filing returns etc

Hope this helps. :D

barker

Re: UTR

Post by barker » Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:45 pm

the matrix wrote:Mention her NI number and tick the box of Director of Limited Company/ self employed.Mention the UTR number if she has been allocated one.

UKBA will make HMRC enquiries with the UTR code and NI number. It also helps to use Page 13 (other information page ) to mention the details of not filing returns etc
But I have read on posts in this forum that Directors should be shown as PAYE. She plans on taking a salary from the company earnings but as mentioned in my original post there will be no income for the company till after she applies for naturalisation. So in effect she will not have had any income from March 2013 till the time she applies.

barker

Post by barker » Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:59 pm

Anyone....

nnj10

Post by nnj10 » Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:02 pm

barker wrote:Anyone....
Yes.

You are right in thinking that Director taking salary from their LTD company are considered as employee as long as their pay is administered by the LTD company through PAYE system.

There is no need/requirement to show current earnings for naturalisation application.
Information and/or advice provided by me is of general nature and is not intended to substitute for informed professional legal or other professional advice.

barker

Post by barker » Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:40 pm

Thanks nnj10