ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR cominh up, Do I have any Chance of getting it?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

AllHopeLost
Newly Registered

ILR cominh up, Do I have any Chance of getting it?

Post by AllHopeLost » Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:14 pm

:cry: I was stopped for driving without Insurance and my court case for this is in May 2013.

I already have points on my license and despite seeking legal advice, I am bound to get a fine, more points or even face a driving ban.

With this in mind, should I even bother or apply for ILR which is due to be applied for in August 2013???

I am really distraught and at a TOTAL loss. Is there any chance at all for even 0.01% chance of getting my ILR ....given the new rules on Character etc. :cry: :cry: :cry:

faisalshah35

Re: ILR cominh up, Do I have any Chance of getting it?

Post by faisalshah35 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:17 pm

AllHopeLost wrote::cry: I was stopped for driving without Insurance and my court case for this is in May 2013.

I already have points on my license and despite seeking legal advice, I am bound to get a fine, more points or even face a driving ban.

With this in mind, should I even bother or apply for ILR which is due to be applied for in August 2013???

I am really distraught and at a TOTAL loss. Is there any chance at all for even 0.01% chance of getting my ILR ....given the new rules on Character etc. :cry: :cry: :cry:
I think there is no chance as you committed a crime. If a layman does it then I understand. But you are a well educated, highly skilled immigrant.. and know the rules well enough. You shot urself in the foot!

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:38 pm

AllHopeLost wrote::cry: I was stopped for driving without Insurance and my court case for this is in May 2013.

Well you could be found not guilty so then you would not be affected. However, once you have the verdict you need to check your PNC data (a subject access request at the police station) if the offence is recorded then it depends upon the sentence. A court issued FPN should not cause a refusal however, any other non-custodial sentence (i.e. fine) that is recorded will likely render you subject to having to wait 24 months (from the conviction) until you can apply for ILR. Wait until you get the verdict.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

UKBALoveStory
Afghanistan

Post by UKBALoveStory » Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:42 pm

faisalshah35 wrote:

I think there is no chance as you committed a crime. If a layman does it then I understand. But you are a well educated, highly skilled immigrant.. and know the rules well enough. You shot urself in the foot!

@faisalshah35 :):)

@AllHopeLost, It is not like that. When is you leave to remain expiring? You can apply after 2 years from the date of conviction (whether or not it is conviction, you have to establish that.) If it is conviction, go for Tier 1 extension and then apply for ILR :)

AllHopeLost
Newly Registered

Post by AllHopeLost » Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:09 pm

@D410925

Thanks for your reassuring words, I sincerely hope I can get the result which you suggested and then have 1% of a chance to apply for ILR.

@Faisal....I am well aware of my own stupidity and the HUGE cost and Impact this will have on my family, most importantly. :(