ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passports Retention Time

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

fmontemayor
Newly Registered

Passports Retention Time

Post by fmontemayor » Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:12 am

Good Evening

I will soon apply for T1 entrepreneur visa from Caracas, Venezuela.

I am supposed to enclose all required documentation along with photos and passports (myself and dependants). All visa requests are currently being processed in Bogotá (Colombia). So material will be sent from Caracas to Bogota, and then back again.

According to UKBA, processing time will be around 10 days, but I understand that the whole visa process takes much longer than that (interviews, biometrical,...).

My question: For how long should UKBA retain our passports ? weeks ? months ?

What would be a fair time estimate ?

Kind Regards

surveyer

Re: Passports Retention Time

Post by surveyer » Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:18 am

fmontemayor wrote:Good Evening

I am supposed to enclose all required documentation along with photos and passports (myself and dependants). All visa requests are currently being processed in Bogotá (Colombia). So material will be sent from Caracas to Bogota, and then back again.

According to UKBA, processing time will be around 10 days, but I understand that the whole visa process takes much longer than that (interviews, biometrical,...).

Kind Regards

Hi, I would say anywhere between 1 month to 6 months as per the current trends in this forum or even more depending on your case. Out of country applications are processed much faster I believe. Your passport is retained until the decision.

BlackBirdSSG
Member of Standing

Re: Passports Retention Time

Post by BlackBirdSSG » Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:32 pm

fmontemayor wrote:Good Evening

Kind Regards
The processing time start only when your file is submitted along with your biometric enrollment the very same day.

From outside the UK, you will not get Biometric Card. You will get sticker in Passport. Decision will take less than 10 days.

fmontemayor
Newly Registered

Post by fmontemayor » Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:20 am

THANKS A LOT.