ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

collaborating in a franchise business on tier 1 visa

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

silhoutte
Newly Registered

collaborating in a franchise business on tier 1 visa

Post by silhoutte » Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:47 am

Hello,
Would like to know if investing in a franchise business in the UK is permissible under rules of an entrepreneur visa category.
Any help will be much appreciated :)

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:16 am

Being the director of a franchise is permitted, if that is what you are referring to.

Darvesh
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by Darvesh » Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:27 am

@ Lucapooka

what about with the access of 50k(psw->T1E)?

will it be counted towards investment in addition to our NVQ Level 4 business (which is originally different from franchise)?

or it can be treated as seprate entity?

or it will be treated as seprate entity and money invested in franchise will not be counted towards investment?

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:33 pm

If the franchise is a business at level 4 it's fine for PSW switching. Obviously most franchises are retail-based and, therefore, unsuitable.

BlackBirdSSG
Member of Standing

Post by BlackBirdSSG » Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:35 pm

I presume you are on PSW status at the moment

Why don't people go through policy guidance?!??!?

Source : http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... dance1.pdf

Page : 40

Point : A24
  • FRANCHISES
    Businesses that are set up as franchises can be accepted for the award of points. You will either be self-employed or employed, depending on how you decide to structure the franchise business, and should provide the appropriate evidence.
Each franchise is different. One has to look at that particular franchise to see if it qualifies for NQF Level 4 or above business

business genius

Post by business genius » Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:40 pm

I don't think so franchise business would be accepted as entrepreneur from PSW route.
Initially I was also thinking on the same lines but when I study guidelines and SOC ..I changed my mind and established consultancy business for visa purpose. But you can go for franchise after getting the entrepreneur visa

silhoutte
Newly Registered

Post by silhoutte » Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:48 pm

I have acquired the entrepreneur visa from Pakistan ,and i wish to acquire a franchise business such as Shelll fuel station, coffee franchise or a pizza hut franchise. Is that a permissible investment and does it fulfill the requirement of entrepreneur visa investments?

Darvesh
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by Darvesh » Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:49 pm

Yes, If ur required acess funds were 200k then u can do any business or franchise.
restriction only applies to those whos acess was 50k.

silhoutte
Newly Registered

Post by silhoutte » Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:04 pm

Thank you very much Darvesh. Much appreciated

muditmalhotra
Member of Standing

Post by muditmalhotra » Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:13 pm

Lucapooka wrote:If the franchise is a business at level 4 it's fine for PSW switching. Obviously most franchises are retail-based and, therefore, unsuitable.
I am new to this category, but I couldn't find restriction on retail based franchises which makes them unsuitable ?

Also, what is business at level 4 ?