ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependant of soon to be Irish Citizen query

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jomzy27
Newly Registered

Dependant of soon to be Irish Citizen query

Post by jomzy27 » Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:00 am

Hey Everyone! Just wondering my mum got her citizenship approval on the 1st of March, but still waiting for the ceremony. I'm 24 years of age living in Ireland for 7 years now and still my mum's dependant stamp 3 as the immigration not changing my status. Just wondering once she done her oath will I be able to change my status to stamp 4?

Being on stamp 3 is very difficult especially if you're trying to look for job as most employer will not going to waste time on processing you a work permit especially at this current state of the country. I got rejected loads of times due to Employment Permit! :(

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Re: Dependant of soon to be Irish Citizen query

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:22 pm

jomzy27 wrote:Hey Everyone! Just wondering my mum got her citizenship approval on the 1st of March, but still waiting for the ceremony. I'm 24 years of age living in Ireland for 7 years now and still my mum's dependant stamp 3 as the immigration not changing my status. Just wondering once she done her oath will I be able to change my status to stamp 4?
Yes
I oppose stereotype, prejudice, xenophobe, judgmental, Ignorance, and beloved.

jomzy27
Newly Registered

Post by jomzy27 » Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:52 pm

Thanks! :) Do I still have to send a request letter to the Department of Justice and Equality or just head to the immigration officer?

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:26 pm

jomzy27 wrote:Thanks! :) Do I still have to send a request letter to the Department of Justice and Equality or just head to the immigration officer?
I'd say send a request letter. But I recon they will demand for documents like proof of Irish Citizenship etc so you might wanna ask them the documents required and can head to the Immigration office, with those documents and possible your mum.
I oppose stereotype, prejudice, xenophobe, judgmental, Ignorance, and beloved.

jomzy27
Newly Registered

Post by jomzy27 » Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:47 pm

Thanks for your reply IntegratedMigrant. We rang the local immigration and they said to ask a request to INIS as I'm living in a Family circle with my mum who recently got an approval citizenship and my sister who's also a citizen since 2005.