ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Approved - Croydon 23/04/2013

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

akh
Newly Registered

ILR Approved - Croydon 23/04/2013

Post by akh » Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:26 pm

Hi Guys,
I got my ILR yesterday at Croydon.
I was on Tier1(General) valid from 20-05-2008. I have been with the same employer from the beginning, the only issue I had was with my work from home days during my absences form UK which were mainly for annual holidays.
I got a letter from the employer to mention my annual holidays and work from home days which was good enough.
I did ask about unpaid holidays from the case worker on behalf of one of my friends and this is what she said.

He will have to get a letter from employer mentioning the unpaid leaves and that the employer was OK with that. Next he will have to base his case on compassionate reasons and this case will be on a senior case worker's discretion.

If anyone needs any further information, let me know.

Akh

GenX

Post by GenX » Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:23 pm

Congratulations....for how many days you were absent from the UK? Till now people got ILr without absence letter , do you think now we need absence letter from employer?

akh
Newly Registered

Post by akh » Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:24 am

I was away for 148 days in total in five years, out of which 20 days were work from home and the rest were annual paid holidays.
I think with the new changes we do need a letter from employer.

ldbright

Post by ldbright » Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:30 am

akh wrote:I was away for 148 days in total in five years, out of which 20 days were work from home and the rest were annual paid holidays.
I think with the new changes we do need a letter from employer.
How did you get the conclusion that the letter is required, did the CW specifically ask for it?

Many Thanks.

akh
Newly Registered

Post by akh » Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:44 am

6.2 in the set(O) form states
Evidence of all work-related absences (including paid annual leave) is required from those applying
under Tier 1 (General);Tier 2 (Intra-Company Transfer);Tier 2 (General); Tier 2 (Minister of religion);
Tier 2 (Sportsperson); Tier 5 International Agreement, and permitted employment categories - except
Highly Skilled Migrants.
Evidence of absence due to compelling or compassionate reasons is also required from all of the above
categories, and those applying under the Business person; Self-employed person; Investor; Innovator;
Writer; Composer, and Artist categories.

akh
Newly Registered

Post by akh » Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:45 am

6.3 has the following
6.3 What evidence has been provided to support the reasons for all absences from the UK?
Letter(s) from employer(s) detailing reasons for work-related absences including
periods of paid annual leave from the UK?

ldbright

Post by ldbright » Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:05 am

akh wrote:6.3 has the following
6.3 What evidence has been provided to support the reasons for all absences from the UK?
Letter(s) from employer(s) detailing reasons for work-related absences including
periods of paid annual leave from the UK?
My problem is that I am a contractor using umbrella company so the umbrella company technically is my employer. But because they don't provide work for me, they don't have any record of my holidays so can't provide the letter. Although I only have been outside UK for 36 days in 5 yearsl and I am in employment thought out these 5 years, I don't know what envidences I shall provide if I can't get a employer letter.

hsmp1412
Member of Standing

Post by hsmp1412 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:22 am

Congrats akh! Can you please share the format of the employer's letter with us?

gpkris
Newly Registered

Can you please share the format of the employer's letter wit

Post by gpkris » Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:02 pm

congrats Can you please share the format of the employer's letter with us?

hsmp1412
Member of Standing

Post by hsmp1412 » Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:04 pm

Found an employer letter format in this thread -> [url]http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=133312[/url]