ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 general

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

hussain.114
Newly Registered

Tier 2 general

Post by hussain.114 » Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:42 pm

Hi!
I need information about tier 2 as new code of practice is so confusing.
I am on post study Work visa and i want to know that new entrant rules apply to me or not as my current job period is four months and job tile is Graduate Web Application Developer.
if i am not new entrant dose the pro rate salary calculation can apply for me as my contracted weekly hours are 35.
My SOC code is 2137 and salary for experienced is £25200 pa weekly hours 39.
My current salary is £22700 pa weekly hours 35.
Can i apply for tier 2 on my current salary and working hours.
Thank You!

catchhster

Post by catchhster » Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:50 pm

BIG YES you are conveniently eligible

You are switching from PSW so you are considered as New entrant so dont worry about it

the new entrant salary for web developer applies to you so your minimum salary will 20300 (NOTE: this cannot be prorated because you you need the minimum threshold as 20300. )
Sivakumar

hussain.114
Newly Registered

Tier 2 general

Post by hussain.114 » Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:13 pm

Big Thanks for you kind reply :)
one more question if i want to apply for experienced in same category is it possible to pro rate my salary down as i am working 35 hours week and my salary is £22700 pa.
Actual salary for experienced is £25200 pa with 39 hours weekly, can i work out my salary 25200/39 and result multiply by 35 hours comes £22615 pa.

catchhster

Post by catchhster » Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:18 pm

If you are applying as an experienced cadidate yes you can pro rate it down as you mentioned in your post.

Also you cannot actually apply as experienced as you will automatically be considered as New entrant.
Sivakumar

justdopposite

Post by justdopposite » Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:31 pm

Hi catchster

Is there anywhere in the COS application or T2General visa application, ..the applicant will have to mention about New Entrant or Experienced ?

do we have to mention in the job description or anywhere ? I'm applying as an experienced worker so don't want any confusion

Many thanks

alanwong

Post by alanwong » Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:28 am

justdopposite wrote:Hi catchster

Is there anywhere in the COS application or T2General visa application, ..the applicant will have to mention about New Entrant or Experienced ?

do we have to mention in the job description or anywhere ? I'm applying as an experienced worker so don't want any confusion

Many thanks
when your employer applied for COS for you, your employer should have explained your situation, new entrant or experienced. Ask your employer for a copy of the certificate of sponsorship details.

catchhster

Post by catchhster » Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:48 pm

justdopposite wrote:Hi catchster

Many thanks
No not in your application nor in the COS. They will automatically categorise you as new entrant or experienced.
Sivakumar