ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Employment history from HMRC

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

xyz_abc
BANNED

Employment history from HMRC

Post by xyz_abc » Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:06 pm

Hi folks,

I am wondering if someone could name the letter that will be sufficient for proving economic activity during last five years? I have spoken with HMRC and they are saying that issuing a letter with complete information about all taxes and NI paid throughout stay in UK will take six months to issue!!!!

Which letter is usually taken out?
Thanks

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Re: Employment history from HMRC

Post by Kevin24 » Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:30 pm

xyz_abc wrote:Hi folks,

I am wondering if someone could name the letter that will be sufficient for proving economic activity during last five years? I have spoken with HMRC and they are saying that issuing a letter with complete information about all taxes and NI paid throughout stay in UK will take six months to issue!!!!

Which letter is usually taken out?
Thanks
The Letter is called EMPLOYMENT HISTORY. They should be able to send it in 2 weeks time,not 6 months. You should give your D.O.B,Employer's Name,NI Number and the Years you want it for.
KEVIN
Please Don't send me P. M If I haven't sent you One .

vijayballa
Newly Registered

Post by vijayballa » Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:24 pm

Hi Kevin,

On the similar note, i was also bit confused around this last week when I called HMRC and asked them to send me the employment history. I've received the letter y'day (took 6 days) but has the information about

Employer name, annual income and tax paid.

Does not show any thing about NI. Is there a different letter we need to request HMRC for NI contributions?

Please suggest.

vijayballa
Newly Registered

Post by vijayballa » Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:42 pm

Hi,

Can anyone pls shed some light on this?

Thanks

uksettlement
India

Post by uksettlement » Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:48 pm

vijayballa wrote:Hi,

Can anyone pls shed some light on this?

Thanks
For NI you have to call on another number but for ILR purpose employment history is sufficient.
Thanks!

Disclaimer: I am no immigration lawyer nor am I OISC qualified. Suggestions given by me are based on personal experience of dealing with UKBA. Don't treat my advice as a substitute for legal opinion.

vijayballa
Newly Registered

Post by vijayballa » Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:55 pm

Thanks a lot uksettlement

mmnn
Newly Registered

Re: Employment history from HMRC

Post by mmnn » Tue Jul 05, 2016 10:06 am

I called HMRC and they gave me a different number for HO purposes only. If you need to retrieve your employment history, call 03000560629 and they should be able to help.

I had mine retrieved from the same number. They said they will put it in the post.