ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA Family Permit

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

nettan
Newly Registered

EEA Family Permit

Post by nettan » Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:55 pm

My wife was refused the Irish Spouse Visa on the 12/02/2013 for the following reasons
1. ID (whatever that is)
2. Relationship History and Status
3. Insufficient financial documentation and source of income
4. No Evidence of further communication after wedding and no evidence of financial support

Submitted our appeal on 11/04/2013 and got a refusal letter on 19/04/2013
with reason 1, 2 & 3 as reasons even though we addressed all the issues very thoroughly. We can only appeal once.

We are thinking of going through the EEA Permit to UK. I intend to travel home so that we can come together (EEA Family Permit). Accompanying me on a UK Visit.

Please i need your professional opinion

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:13 pm

(There are no professional opinions here, just people posting their experience...)

You can apply for a family permit, it can be applied for where ever there is an application centre (there are none in the UK). So, yes, Ireland would be fine if it's convenient for you.

nettan
Newly Registered

Post by nettan » Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:57 am

EUsmileWEallsmile wrote:(There are no professional opinions here, just people posting their experience...)

You can apply for a family permit, it can be applied for where ever there is an application centre (there are none in the UK). So, yes, Ireland would be fine if it's convenient for you.
She is currently in Nigeria. I intend to go to Nigeria so that she can accompany me as a family member to an EU Citizen. Would this be possible? and what documentations are required?

wiggsy

Post by wiggsy » Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:01 pm

both passport, marriage certificate and letter from eu stating travelling together

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:20 pm

It would be possible for her to apply in Nigeria without you going there personally. It may make like easier for you if you chose to go and physically accompany here, but it is not essential.

ukforever
Member of Standing

Post by ukforever » Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:46 am

EUsmileWEallsmile wrote:It would be possible for her to apply in Nigeria without you going there personally. It may make like easier for you if you chose to go and physically accompany here, but it is not essential.
i suggest that the op travel with his wife,as a matter of fact,the ukba and irish immigration shares information in their system,the ukba are likely to find out about the spouse visa refusal and can constitute another refusal,it shouldn't happen but it might,as i've read so many stories in that forum and on facebook,some coulpe's applied for the uk visit visa and it had been refused then they tried to apply for the irish visa to go on the eu route and use the singh route but most of them got refused and some of them got it overturned after appeal process..i'm not sure that it is the right thing to do,but i think its better that the husband travels with his wife it may help their case.

or you can just seek admission at calais port,apply with your wife for a schenggen visa,it shouldn't take more than 2 weeks,and then just go to france,and buy ferry tickets and just go to the borders and seek admission under the directive and the free movement laws that u are covered with your wife as an EEA citizen and his/her family member .
UK------++++-------****