ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Financial requirements VAF4A - Part 3

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

smokeyjoe76
Newly Registered

Financial requirements VAF4A - Part 3

Post by smokeyjoe76 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:18 am

My partner and I are currently preparing our application for my prospective (fiance) partner visa. My question is regarding meeting the requirements of Part 3.

I have cash savings of approx. GBP50,000 that I can document for Part 3F. However my partner is waiting on a divorce settlement which has not been received although there is a court order in effect. We do not have a copy of the court order as yet but do have a letter from a lawyer outlining the conditions of the settlement.

In terms of the VAF4A form, would it be best to just include my financial details and would that amount be enough to satisfy the requirements alone?

Or should we also attach the lawyer's letter (or even wait to attach the court order) and include the divorce settlement in Part 3D for my partner's financial declaration? We are not sure this would be accepted in Part 3D given the strict criteria.

If you are able to provide any advice on this it would be greatly appreciated. :)

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:32 am

Clearly the prospect of money that may be forthcoming from an as-yet-unresolved divorce settlement will not be considered.

Have you actually read the financial requirements? How can we say if 50K is sufficient to bridge the income gap, if you have not stated the amount of income your partner has? If there is no income stream the amount of savings is 62,500.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... financial/

smokeyjoe76
Newly Registered

Post by smokeyjoe76 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:39 am

Thanks for your reply Lucapooka.

Yes we have looked at the guidelines and could not see whether my savings would be sufficient on their own. It stipulates we would need 18,600 pa but was not clear on a sum total.

Where did you get the total of 62,500 from on the site? I wasn't able to see where it says that.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:44 am

smokeyjoe76 wrote:Where did you get the total of 62,500 from on the site? I wasn't able to see where it says that.
Annex FM 1.7 can be found on the right side of the webpage that I have linked.

BD786
Newly Registered

Re: Financial requirements VAF4A - Part 3

Post by BD786 » Thu Apr 09, 2015 4:15 am

my total income from self employed is £17,500 after expence net proffit is £9,300 also my business total income is £13,000 after expence net profit is £9,550. how do i fill Part 3C 3.58 catagory F (what the amount to put there(17,500/9,300)) and whats the amount would be in Part 3D (d)(e)&(F)( i mean total income or net profit)

ALSO DO I HAVE TO PROVIDE EVIDANCE THAT I M SUPPORTING MY KIDS, THEY ARE WITH MY FORMER WIFE. CURRENTLEY I'M NOT SUPPORTING THEM AND I DON'T KNOW WHER THEY ARE IN uk