ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Spouse VISA financial requirements

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

chiba
Newly Registered

UK Spouse VISA financial requirements

Post by chiba » Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:59 pm

Myself: British citizen
Wife: Japanese citizen

My wife has a visa under the new spouse rules. This visa will last 2.5 years after which we will need to renew it. We also have to renew it at the 5 year point too.

My question is around my financial requirements. Obviously I was able to meet them for her to get the visa, but my job is coming to an end and I don't know if I will be able to find a new job.

What would happen if say we have children during the next two years and then I happen to lose my job? :?: I wouldn't be able to fulfill the financial requirements, where would my wife and children stand. Would they have to go back to Japan?

Do I need to postpone children for 5 years?

rikabi

Re: UK Spouse VISA financial requirements

Post by rikabi » Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:06 pm

chiba wrote:Myself: British citizen
Wife: Japanese citizen

My wife has a visa under the new spouse rules. This visa will last 2.5 years after which we will need to renew it. We also have to renew it at the 5 year point too.

My question is around my financial requirements. Obviously I was able to meet them for her to get the visa, but my job is coming to an end and I don't know if I will be able to find a new job.

What would happen if say we have children during the next two years and then I happen to lose my job? :?: I wouldn't be able to fulfill the financial requirements, where would my wife and children stand. Would they have to go back to Japan?

Do I need to postpone children for 5 years?

I am also a similar situation that my wife has been granted a spousal visa under the rule.

As I understand you still need to prove you meet financial requirements when filling out the FLR form, but you think you can't find a job during all this time?? Remember you can show 6 months of statements/payslips before her visa is due to expire. I would have thought this is plenty of time to get a new job.

About having children, they would be auto British Citizens if born in the UK therefore you don't need to apply for separate visas....I believe.

chiba
Newly Registered

Post by chiba » Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:10 pm

Yes, it's plenty of time to get a job, I just get really depressed about it and I don't really like the uncertainty. I guess I'm just going to have to do my best to find one.