ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Min. period on payroll for RMLT exemption : PSW to Tier-2(G)

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Halcyon
Newly Registered

Min. period on payroll for RMLT exemption : PSW to Tier-2(G)

Post by Halcyon » Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:00 pm

Hi,

1) I am currently on Tier-1 PSW valid until Nov 2013, and am working for a company, say A, since 15 months. However, Company A is unable to sponsor my shift to Tier-1 General.
2) I have got a job in another company, say B, who can sponsor my Visa shift from Tier-1 Post Study Work to Tier-1 (G).
3) Being on Tier-1 PSW I am exempt from Resident Market Labour Test(RMLT), as mentioned on links I see on UKBA website.
4) I have a lot of friends and a external web link telling me that I need to be on a company payrolls for at least six months prior to my application in order to be eligible for the RMLT exemption. However, I am unable to find any link on UKBA website around this clause.

As I will be on payrolls of company 'B' for less then six months if I shifted jobs in July (Jul to Nov), does the company have to undergo RMLT process. I basically need clarity on point 4 and if that is valid?

Thanks.

nisarmalik

Post by nisarmalik » Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:48 am

I think u want to switch from psw tier 1 to tier 2 (G).
Don't worry u don't have to go for RLMT and even u don't have to show 6 month payroll to the company. U can switch any time u want.

makky86
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Min. period on payroll for RMLT exemption : PSW to Tier-

Post by makky86 » Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:32 am

roopeshs7 wrote:Hi,

1) I am currently on Tier-1 PSW valid until Nov 2013, and am working for a company, say A, since 15 months. However, Company A is unable to sponsor my shift to Tier-1 General.
2) I have got a job in another company, say B, who can sponsor my Visa shift from Tier-1 Post Study Work to Tier-1 (G).
3) Being on Tier-1 PSW I am exempt from Resident Market Labour Test(RMLT), as mentioned on links I see on UKBA website.
4) I have a lot of friends and a external web link telling me that I need to be on a company payrolls for at least six months prior to my application in order to be eligible for the RMLT exemption. However, I am unable to find any link on UKBA website around this clause.

As I will be on payrolls of company 'B' for less then six months if I shifted jobs in July (Jul to Nov), does the company have to undergo RMLT process. I basically need clarity on point 4 and if that is valid?

Thanks.
There is no Tier 1 General anymore so I guess you have a typo for Tier 2.

They used to have this requirement of having to work for 6 months to be exempted from RLMT but since July 2012 they have removed this requirement. Now if you are on PSW and want to switch to Tier 2 then you are automatically exempted from RLMT even if you have not worked for company yet.
II Youths a stuff neve endures II

Halcyon
Newly Registered

Re: Min. Period on payroll for RMLT exemption : PSW to Tier-

Post by Halcyon » Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:13 pm

Thanks muhdkhokhar and nisarmalik for your responses. Yes did mean to type tier-1 PSWto tier-2 General, sorry that was a typo.

Mukdkhokhar - the July 2012 amendment/change that you have mentioned, is there a link on the UKBA site/archive which says so? Because for some reason pretty much my entire MBA class seem to believe it still exists and all are stuck to due to its lack of clarity. Would really appreciate if you can share a link if available.

Thanks.

makky86
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by makky86 » Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:18 pm

roopeshs7 wrote:Thanks muhdkhokhar and nisarmalik for your responses. Yes did mean to type tier-1 PSWto tier-2 General, sorry that was a typo.

Mukdkhokhar - the July 2012 amendment/change that you have mentioned, is there a link on the UKBA site/archive which says so? Because for some reason pretty much my entire MBA class seem to believe it still exists and all are stuck to due to its lack of clarity. Would really appreciate if you can share a link if available.

Thanks.
Dude, I received my Tier 2 Work Permit last year without proving six months so feel free and apply.

look at http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... idance.pdf

No rule talks about six months for psw. :)

makky86
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by makky86 » Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:19 pm

muhdkhokhar wrote:
roopeshs7 wrote:Thanks muhdkhokhar and nisarmalik for your responses. Yes did mean to type tier-1 PSWto tier-2 General, sorry that was a typo.

Thanks.
Dude, I received my Tier 2 Work Permit last year without proving six months so feel free and apply.

look at http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... idance.pdf

No rule talks about six months for psw. :)
For more http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/busin ... arkettest/

Halcyon
Newly Registered

Post by Halcyon » Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:23 pm

Hey thanks. Now that's a lot comforting ;-).

Thanks again for your quick responses.