ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Certified translation for nikah Nama

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ilrupdates
Member of Standing

Certified translation for nikah Nama

Post by ilrupdates » Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:30 am

Hi every body,
Does any one know the govt certified translation office in Lahore Palistan please. I need to get nikah Nama translated in English language. I already know that any office providing translation services can do it but I am looking for the one recognised/ certified office in Lahore please.
Regards.
Disclaimer: I am neither an immigration lawyer nor an OISC qualified/registered member. Suggestions given by me are based on personal experience. Don't treat my advice as a substitute for legal opinion.

0zzy1

Re: Certified translation for nikah Nama

Post by 0zzy1 » Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:22 pm

ilrupdates wrote:Hi every body,
Does any one know the govt certified translation office in Lahore Palistan please. I need to get nikah Nama translated in English language. I already know that any office providing translation services can do it but I am looking for the one recognised/ certified office in Lahore please.
Regards.
take your nikah naamah (original) and go to any NADRA office in lahore, they will provide you with a computerized marriage certificate (urdu and english) then get the nikah namah and NADRA marriage certificate stamped by the local union council where the nikah took place.

ilrupdates
Member of Standing

Post by ilrupdates » Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:55 pm

Thanks for your kind response.
Disclaimer: I am neither an immigration lawyer nor an OISC qualified/registered member. Suggestions given by me are based on personal experience. Don't treat my advice as a substitute for legal opinion.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:08 pm

ilrupdates wrote:Hi dear fellows I have seen the list of accepted English tests from the ukba website but bit confused to make a decision which one is more appropriate for my spouse visa application from Pakistan lahore which we are expecting to submit in Nov or December 2013.

My wife has a bachelor degree in arts so which one from the below tests will suffice the needs of english language requirements?

Option 1:

City & Guilds International ESOL (IESOL) Diplom awarded by City & Guilds
and which level is required, A1, A2, B1 OR B2 ???

Option 2:

TOEIC awarded by ETS and again I would like to ask that which level is best i.e A1, A2, B1 , B2 ?

Moreover can any body let me know which authorised institution in Lahore is best in awarding these certificates of English Language please?
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:08 pm

If she has a degree which is comparable to a UK degree and was taught in English, that'll suffice.
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

ilrupdates
Member of Standing

Post by ilrupdates » Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:29 pm

D4109125 wrote:If she has a degree which is comparable to a UK degree and was taught in English, that'll suffice.
Thanks for your reply D4109125

she has bachelor degree which was not taught in English. Don't know whether its comparable with that of UK or not. any way I will get it cleared from UK NARIC Office but in the mean time please can you advise the better option from the two tests I mentioned in my earlier post please?

Thanks

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:21 pm

ilrupdates wrote:
D4109125 wrote:If she has a degree which is comparable to a UK degree and was taught in English, that'll suffice.
Thanks for your reply D4109125

she has bachelor degree which was not taught in English. Don't know whether its comparable with that of UK or not. any way I will get it cleared from UK NARIC Office but in the mean time please can you advise the better option from the two tests I mentioned in my earlier post please?

Thanks
If the degree wasn't taught in English you can't use it. For a Spouse visa A1 is required.

ilrupdates
Member of Standing

Post by ilrupdates » Fri Sep 20, 2013 3:05 pm

Thanks D4109125

if an applicant has capability to pass the higher level of English test i.e A2 OR B1 etc, should she/he go for the higher level or one has the qualify the the level A1 first?
or its worthless to pass the higher level of English test while A1 is the only basic requirement?

moreover could anybody let me know the best test preparation institution in Lahore, Pakistan please?

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:30 am

ilrupdates wrote:Hi,
does any one know any news about any change in English test for spouse visa from 28th October 2013 if the applicant will apply for entry clearance(i.e from outside UK) after 28th October 2013

I know the current requirement is English test at level A1. I just want to confirm if UKBA is going to change this level from 28th October?

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:31 am

No, the new changes relate to settlement and naturalisation.