ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Family Visitor Visa Processing Time Chennai

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

vkumar
Newly Registered

UK Family Visitor Visa Processing Time Chennai

Post by vkumar » Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:18 pm

Hi - We had applied family visitor visa from Chennai on 4 April 2013. Did any one applied for visitor visa during this period or after from chennai? It is now 16th working day and there is no status change. The status still says "Your application has been forwarded to British High Commission". It is with the same status from 05th Apr.

waiting4god2listen
Newly Registered

Post by waiting4god2listen » Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:22 pm

no idea about chennai…but my parents applied from kolkata on 5th april, 2013 and they received visa on 25th april, 2013 (15 working days in total), which is exactly following the statistics f march 2013 processing time of kolkata vfs….(by 15 working days, in kolkata, 100% applicants got a decision in march 2013). good luck to u…..

also, as far as i know, if there is no status updt by 15 working days, u can contact vfs (forum seniors might know better tho)….before that check the stats of chennai vfs for march 2013 to get an idea..

z18runway

Post by z18runway » Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:27 pm

waiting4god2listen wrote:no idea about chennai…but my parents applied from kolkata on 5th april, 2013 and they received visa on 25th april, 2013 (15 working days in total), which is exactly following the statistics f march 2013 processing time of kolkata vfs….(by 15 working days, in kolkata, 100% applicants got a decision in march 2013). good luck to u…..

also, as far as i know, if there is no status updt by 15 working days, u can contact vfs (forum seniors might know better tho)….before that check the stats of chennai vfs for march 2013 to get an idea..
So finally your parents got the visa, good luck

z18runway

Re: UK Family Visitor Visa Processing Time Chennai

Post by z18runway » Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:28 pm

vkumar wrote:Hi - We had applied family visitor visa from Chennai on 4 April 2013. Did any one applied for visitor visa during this period or after from chennai? It is now 16th working day and there is no status change. The status still says "Your application has been forwarded to British High Commission". It is with the same status from 05th Apr.
It shouldn't take this much time, why don't you call Chennai vfs and explain the situation

waiting4god2listen
Newly Registered

Post by waiting4god2listen » Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:39 am

z18runway wrote:
waiting4god2listen wrote:no idea about chennai…but my parents applied from kolkata on 5th april, 2013 and they received visa on 25th april, 2013 (15 working days in total), which is exactly following the statistics f march 2013 processing time of kolkata vfs….(by 15 working days, in kolkata, 100% applicants got a decision in march 2013). good luck to u…..

yeah…thanx z18runway :)

z18runway

Post by z18runway » Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:32 pm

waiting4god2listen wrote:
z18runway wrote:

yeah…thanx z18runway :)
better ask them to have health insurance before they land here

vkumar
Newly Registered

Thanks for your responses.

Post by vkumar » Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:13 pm

Thanks for the responses.. Called the VFS they suggested to write an email with details... just wrote an email to VFS and Embassy waiting for their reply...

Radhab
Newly Registered

Re: Thanks for your responses.

Post by Radhab » Sun May 05, 2013 9:12 am

Any updates on the status? My parents applied on 8 april at Bangalore VFS, the status has not changed shows "Application is forwaded to British hign commissioner"

manojult
Newly Registered

Post by manojult » Wed May 08, 2013 11:05 am

My parents applied on April 25th at VFS cochin(Chennai UK high commission). The status is Visa application under process at UK high commision. It has been in the same status for over a week now.

ItsEd
Newly Registered

Applied VFS Chennai 25 April 2013

Post by ItsEd » Wed May 08, 2013 12:20 pm

My inlaws applied and still waiting for the approval.

kumar21
Newly Registered

Tier II Dependent Visa

Post by kumar21 » Thu May 09, 2013 11:45 am

HI,

I have applied for my wife Visa on Apr 16 in chennai, but it is still showing as forwarded to british high commison. We have not opted for SMS update..

We were told that it will be available in 15 days but it is almost three weeks and the status has not changed

Can any one tell us that is this normal ?, shuld we wait for more time ? or should contact any one

raju_alluri
Newly Registered

Post by raju_alluri » Fri May 10, 2013 8:53 am

manojult wrote:My parents applied on April 25th at VFS cochin(Chennai UK high commission). The status is Visa application under process at UK high commision. It has been in the same status for over a week now.
Any updates on your parents Visa?

manojult
Newly Registered

Post by manojult » Sat May 11, 2013 10:23 am

Not updates yet. Have you applied at the same time?

raju_alluri
Newly Registered

Post by raju_alluri » Sun May 12, 2013 8:41 am

Yes, my parents applied on 24th April from Hyderabad VFS and no updates yet! Still showing as under process at BHC.

manojult
Newly Registered

Post by manojult » Mon May 13, 2013 10:27 am

My parents visa has heen granted. Took 18 calendar days in total
Tourist visa granted: 11 May
Documents collected : 13 May

mrproblem

Post by mrproblem » Tue May 14, 2013 5:23 pm

Guys

Can you confirm, if you need to submit any set of photocopies including the originals please?

If we are applying for both father and mother, can we keep a single set of original supporting documents together and mention in the covering letter to consider both the applications a single set of supporting document please

Also to apply from Chennai, do you need to book appointment via email or telephone or is it online. I am in early stages of my parents application, so please ignore my innocent questions
Thank you

raju_alluri
Newly Registered

Post by raju_alluri » Wed May 15, 2013 1:40 pm

Parents Visit visa granted. :)

raju_alluri
Newly Registered

Post by raju_alluri » Wed May 15, 2013 1:47 pm

mrproblem wrote:Guys

Can you confirm, if you need to submit any set of photocopies including the originals please?

If we are applying for both father and mother, can we keep a single set of original supporting documents together and mention in the covering letter to consider both the applications a single set of supporting document please

Also to apply from Chennai, do you need to book appointment via email or telephone or is it online. I am in early stages of my parents application, so please ignore my innocent questions
Thank you
Yes, you would need one set of Photocopies for all the Original documents you submit.

If both parents are earning, you have to submit original payslips/bankstatements for both or if one parent is dependant on other, one set will be ok and mention that one partner is supporting the second for living in the application form.

I believe all the appointments are now to be made online regardless of the location.

Hope this info would help. Good luck.

mrproblem

Post by mrproblem » Wed May 15, 2013 3:26 pm

raju_alluri wrote:
mrproblem wrote:Guys

Thank you
Yes, you would need one set of Photocopies for all the Original documents you submit.

If both parents are earning, you have to submit original payslips/bankstatements for both or if one parent is dependant on other, one set will be ok and mention that one partner is supporting the second for living in the application form.

I believe all the appointments are now to be made online regardless of the location.

Hope this info would help. Good luck.
Congrats for your parents visa...How long it took? How to book VFS appointment? is it something that comes after filling application?

My father is business and my mother is house wife. I am actually taking care of all the expenses for their visit. Which is the best way to represent. any suggestions.

Also because my father is business, do I need to mention that under SelfEmployed

raju_alluri
Newly Registered

Post by raju_alluri » Thu May 30, 2013 1:18 pm

Congrats for your parents visa...How long it took? How to book VFS appointment? is it something that comes after filling application?

My father is business and my mother is house wife. I am actually taking care of all the expenses for their visit. Which is the best way to represent. any suggestions.

Also because my father is business, do I need to mention that under SelfEmployed[/quote]

It took around 15 days altogether.
You can book an appointment once you complete the application and the appointment is also done online.

The best way is with an invitation letter to parents to come and visit you in UK and a letter to consulate explaining that you are sponsoring for all expences. and also give the relavent amount you have available / ready to spend for their expenses in the application.

You can select the 'OTHERS' option under employment section and mention BUSINESS as occupation.

mrproblem

Post by mrproblem » Thu May 30, 2013 3:03 pm

raju_alluri wrote:
mrproblem wrote:Congrats for your parents visa...How long it took? How to book VFS appointment? is it something that comes after filling application?

Also because my father is business, do I need to mention that under SelfEmployed
It took around 15 days altogether.
You can book an appointment once you complete the application and the appointment is also done online.

The best way is with an invitation letter to parents to come and visit you in UK and a letter to consulate explaining that you are sponsoring for all expences. and also give the relavent amount you have available / ready to spend for their expenses in the application.

You can select the 'OTHERS' option under employment section and mention BUSINESS as occupation.
Thanks for the advice Raju. Booked it now. Hope they can get the result asap. Last year it was only taking 4-5 days. Now it is taking lot of time (15 days)

vignezh
United Kingdom

Post by vignezh » Fri May 31, 2013 10:11 am

Just wanted to add my mother applied for General Visit Visa on 16th May @ Chennai and received her passport with visa stamped by courier yesterday. Her visa is valid from 29th May 2013, so I am assuming they made the decision on 28th May 2013, which is around 8 working days...! :D

mrproblem

Post by mrproblem » Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:42 am

Any more updates from Chennai VFS for Family visit. Applied last week and nothing changed

mrproblem

Post by mrproblem » Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:20 pm

It has been over 10 days and nothing changed. Any updates for the candidates who applied in Chennai

mrproblem

Post by mrproblem » Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:26 am

mrproblem wrote:It has been over 10 days and nothing changed. Any updates for the candidates who applied in Chennai
Got it today, took 15 days in total (applied on 31/05)