ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tax query back 2010

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

koolyaar

Tax query back 2010

Post by koolyaar » Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:39 pm

one of my friend query for tax :

Applied Tier 1 General first time : 28-March-2010 with employed and self-employed

Employed earning :25K (tax paid at the time of application)
Self -employed earning : 4k (Tax was not paid at the time of application)
Total claim earning : 29k

Application was successful and got visa : 23-April-2010 till 23-April-2013

After Visa he decided to pay tax for self-employed Job : 4k but He filled tax return for 2k and paid tax on 2k instead of 4k.

All clear from HMRC

He extend his visa on 28-march-2013 and got visa till 28-mar-2015.(Nothing happened from HMRC)

when he will be applying for ILR on March-2015 , and UK BA check with HMRC then definitely they will say that this person has paid all tax in last 5 years

But question is will they check from their system that this person has showed 4k as a self-employed on 2010 and paid tax on 2k ?
If yes then how they will know that he had paid tax on 2k , will HMRC send UK BA complete tax report ?

if that is the issue then how he granted his 2nd extension on 28-mar-2013.(does this mean during extension they had checked tax for last one year), and for ILR they will check tax for the last 5 years ?

If my friend is in trouble then he is happy to pay the remaining tax, if there will be no issue then it's ok.

could some senior help out to resolve this query ?

thx,
koolyaar

ilrapplicant2013

Re: Tax query back 2010

Post by ilrapplicant2013 » Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:01 pm

Firstly, it is advisable to pay taxes as claimed, which is needless to say basic.

Secodnly, they will not be keen on checking, they might however ask you for all your P60 / other tax proofs.
But doubt they will look at it to that level of detail esp dating back to 5 years.

Also. only croydon PEO seems to be asking for P60 from what i have seen here, or solihulll doesnt ask for P60, so your friend (or you Lol) could try going there,

koolyaar wrote:one of my friend query for tax :

Applied Tier 1 General first time : 28-March-2010 with employed and self-employed

After Visa he decided to pay tax for self-employed Job : 4k but He filled tax return for 2k and paid tax on 2k instead of 4k.

All clear from HMRC

He extend his visa on 28-march-2013 and got visa till 28-mar-2015.(Nothing happened from HMRC)

when he will be applying for ILR on March-2015 , and UK BA check with HMRC then definitely they will say that this person has paid all tax in last 5 years

But question is will they check from their system that this person has showed 4k as a self-employed on 2010 and paid tax on 2k ?
If yes then how they will know that he had paid tax on 2k , will HMRC send UK BA complete tax report ?

if that is the issue then how he granted his 2nd extension on 28-mar-2013.(does this mean during extension they had checked tax for last one year), and for ILR they will check tax for the last 5 years ?

If my friend is in trouble then he is happy to pay the remaining tax, if there will be no issue then it's ok.

thx,
koolyaar

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Re: Tax query back 2010

Post by Kevin24 » Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:09 pm

koolyaar wrote:one of my friend query for tax :

All clear from HMRC

thx,
koolyaar
You must be a very good friend. You are posting this message with so much detail,as your friend would have posted.
KEVIN
Please Don't send me P. M If I haven't sent you One .