ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

eea2 and 10 year Indefinite Leave to Remain

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mocha
Newly Registered

eea2 and 10 year Indefinite Leave to Remain

Post by mocha » Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:49 pm

Hi guys

I have a question and hope you guys can help me out here?

I have just received my RC of EEA2, however, i will be eligible to apply for 10 year indefinite leave to remain this summer as I will have been here for 10 years. I was wondering if i would have RC of eea2 as well as PR at the same time. or if i apply for PR and get it, will i lose my RC of eea2?

it is a bit confusing please help!!!

thanks in advance.

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:57 pm

With EEA2 RC you need to depend on the activities of EEA national. However, once you complete 10 year lawful residence then you can apply ILR which confer you again to live on your own rights. But remember the time you spend under EEA2 RC you need to include the evidences of the treaty rights of your EEA partner.
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:59 pm

Getting ILR won't cancell the RC. You can have them both. In that case, the RC won't really have any additional value apart from Schengen visa exemption when travelling with the EEA national.