ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PLEASE HELP FAMILY MEMBER OF EU ON TOURIST VISA HERE

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nsc999
Newly Registered

PLEASE HELP FAMILY MEMBER OF EU ON TOURIST VISA HERE

Post by nsc999 » Wed Jan 31, 2007 4:10 pm

I HAVE A QUERY.pleaseHELP ME.i am irish citizen working in the UK in a company.my wife is indian and she has come here to join me.but she is rt now on a 10 yrs multiple entry tourist visa.my query is whether she can apply for residence card(EEA2 form i think) as a non eea family member of EEA without going back to india.that is will she be able to change her visa tourist visa to residence card here.

JAJ
Australia

Re: PLEASE HELP FAMILY MEMBER OF EU ON TOURIST VISA HERE

Post by JAJ » Thu Feb 01, 2007 3:43 am

nsc999 wrote:I HAVE A QUERY.pleaseHELP ME.i am irish citizen working in the UK in a company.my wife is indian and she has come here to join me.but she is rt now on a 10 yrs multiple entry tourist visa.my query is whether she can apply for residence card(EEA2 form i think) as a non eea family member of EEA without going back to india.that is will she be able to change her visa tourist visa to residence card here.
It might make more sense for her to go back to India and apply for a spouse visa under UK law rather than an EEA permit. http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk

You should carefully consider the pros and cons of the two options (Irish citizens in the UK can sponsor for either). With a UK rules spouse visa, permanent residence comes in two years, not five. Are you planning to stay in the UK long term?

As to whether she can switch in-country to an EEA permit? : sorry, don't know. She certainly can't switch to a UK-rules spouse visa.

How long have you been in the UK and have you any plan to apply for British citizenship?

nsc999
Newly Registered

Post by nsc999 » Thu Feb 01, 2007 9:21 am

I HAVE BEEN HERE FOR THE LAST 3 YEARS.why we thought of residence card is becos we thought she can change it without going back to india.is there any way to find out if we can apply for RC without going back?