ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

IELTS Requirement

About immigration to Canada, canadian immigration programms.
Skilled worker points calculator | about skilled worker immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Frostbite
Newly Registered

IELTS Requirement

Post by Frostbite » Wed Jan 31, 2007 4:25 pm

My query is regarding IELTS. I already have a band 8 in IELTS (Acedamic Mode) as i was planning to go and study in UK last year. Now i am planning to apply as a skilled worker to Canada.

Do i have to sit for another IELTS (General Training Mode) again or myIELTS (Academic Mode) taken last year will be sufficient.

Looking forward to any suggestions on this. Thank you!

rely

Re: IELTS Requirement

Post by rely » Mon Feb 05, 2007 7:18 am

Frostbite wrote:My query is regarding IELTS. I already have a band 8 in IELTS (Acedamic Mode) as i was planning to go and study in UK last year. Now i am planning to apply as a skilled worker to Canada.

Do i have to sit for another IELTS (General Training Mode) again or myIELTS (Academic Mode) taken last year will be sufficient.

Looking forward to any suggestions on this. Thank you!
As per guidelines IELTS (general) is the requiement.But since you had already got IELTS academics there fore you need not write again.But remember to get 16 points you have to score at least band score 7 in all four abilities.

If you take the language test within one year of submitting your simplified application, those results remain valid and will be accepted as supporting documentation by the visa office.
rely