ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Family visitor or General visitor?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nionlight
Member of Standing

Family visitor or General visitor?

Post by nionlight » Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:19 pm

Hello friends,

My parents are planning to visit my brother in UK who is in Tier-1 general.

so should my parents apply for general visitor or family visitor?

In the form it says: If you are visiting any relatives not listed above OR if they are not permanently settled in the UK you must not complete this form.

I am confused about this. I have checked with couple of other people whose parents visited with family visitor while they are on Tier-1 general or PSW.

Is the rule changed recently within last few weeks or something? if so when did it change?

Please advise. Thanks you

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:22 pm

The rules changed some time ago and now limits the scope of family visits to family who are settled. You are not settled so they must apply as general visitors. It makes absolutely no difference to the actual requirements of the application.

nionlight
Member of Standing

Post by nionlight » Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:19 pm

Lucapooka wrote:The rules changed some time ago and now limits the scope of family visits to family who are settled. You are not settled so they must apply as general visitors. It makes absolutely no difference to the actual requirements of the application.
Thanks for your reply. Can you please let me know when exactly the rule changed? Because parents of my friend came just couple of months ago in family visitor visa while holding Tier-1 general.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Apr 27, 2013 3:18 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

nionlight
Member of Standing

Post by nionlight » Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:15 pm

vinny wrote:9 July 2012.
Thanks Vinny. That now confuses me even hell lot more. Parents of one of my friend came to uk with family visitor visa on February 2013 ( they applied on early February) while he is in tier-1 general visa. Not sure how that is possible. :oops:

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:55 pm

That's the problem with hearsay enquiries from third parties who don't have the actual facts. People think they know but perhaps they don't and it all gets really confusing.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:25 pm

I think that the frequency and complexity of the changes to the Immigration rules makes them confusing to practically everyone.

Note that there are even more changes due that may make your original question moot.
Last edited by vinny on Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

nionlight
Member of Standing

Post by nionlight » Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:33 am

Lucapooka wrote:That's the problem with hearsay enquiries from third parties who don't have the actual facts. People think they know but perhaps they don't and it all gets really confusing.
I don't understand what you mean by actual fact.

I have personally checked with the parents this evening and confirmed they applied for Family visitor visa in February 2013 showing son in Tier-1 general. :oops: