ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 General, English Language requirement confirmation

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rehandha
Newly Registered

Tier 2 General, English Language requirement confirmation

Post by rehandha » Sat Apr 27, 2013 3:04 pm

Hi There,

I completed my MSc in Software Eng in 2010, from City University London. After my PSW I came back to Pakistan in December last year.

Now I have to apply for Tier-2 General and my employer has got CoS.

I have a quick question please, do I have to take IELTS again or I can just submit my degree and that should be enough for english language requirement for this visa category? Do I have to get any kind of certificate from UKNARIC or something?

Appreciate your help.

Thanks
Rehan

P.S: Points calculator on UKBA does show that I do not have to take any IELTS test.

godistrue

Re: Tier 2 General, English Language requirement confirmatio

Post by godistrue » Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:19 am

rehandha wrote:Hi There,

I completed my MSc in Software Eng in 2010, from City University London. After my PSW I came back to Pakistan in December last year.

Now I have to apply for Tier-2 General and my employer has got CoS.

I have a quick question please, do I have to take IELTS again or I can just submit my degree and that should be enough for english language requirement for this visa category? Do I have to get any kind of certificate from UKNARIC or something?

Appreciate your help.

Thanks
Rehan

P.S: Points calculator on UKBA does show that I do not have to take any IELTS test.
You dont need to take any exam as You already hold Masters degree in UK. Its enough for scoring points for English.

mthila

Re: Tier 2 General, English Language requirement confirmatio

Post by mthila » Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:03 am

rehandha wrote:Do I have to take IELTS again or I can just submit my degree and that should be enough for english language requirement for this visa category? Do I have to get any kind of certificate from UKNARIC or something?.
Paragraph 123 of Tier 2 policy guidance show that if you hold a degree taught in English, you satisfy the English language requirement. Therefore you are fine as you are!

Good luck :)
Don't take "NO" for an answer if it shouldn't be!!!