ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSMP Rules & Regulations

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

HSMP_2007

HSMP Rules & Regulations

Post by HSMP_2007 » Wed Jan 31, 2007 8:53 pm

Hi All,

Not having clear idea for below questions and looking answes from HSMP Genius..

Q1. What is the max/min period of HSMP we can get it ?
Q2.Family is not here still i can get the hsmp visa stamping for them.
Q3. After getting hsmp visa, what is the period i can stay outside country ? How often i can go & come to home country ?

Thanks in Advance
:lol:

Ashekt

Post by Ashekt » Thu Feb 01, 2007 8:21 am

Q1. What is the max/min period of HSMP we can get it ?

With new rules, you will initially get HSMP visa for 2 years and then when you apply for FLR (Fixed leave to remain) after two years, you will get it for next 3 years and after completing 5 years of your stay in UK, you apply for ILR (Indefinate Leave to Remain). After 1 year of receiving your ILR, you can then file a PR which will leads to British Residancy.

You can get your HSMP visa stamped for your family from the British Embassy in the country your family is presently who can then join you in UK.

Q3. After getting hsmp visa, what is the period i can stay outside country ? How often i can go & come to home country ?

During your stay for 5 years before getting ILR, you can be outside UK for a total period of 6 months not exceeding 3 months at one given point in time. But there are exceptions buring business travel and others which you will get the information from Home Office Website.
You can travel your homecountry as often as you wish but keeping in mind the 6 month rule.

Hope that helps!! 8)

centennial

Post by centennial » Thu Feb 01, 2007 1:02 pm

Hi Ashekt

I was under this impression that we can stay out of country for three months in a year which comes 15 months for 5 years however one trip shouldnt exceed 3 months

could anyone please clarify

Ashekt wrote:Q1. What is the max/min period of HSMP we can get it ?

With new rules, you will initially get HSMP visa for 2 years and then when you apply for FLR (Fixed leave to remain) after two years, you will get it for next 3 years and after completing 5 years of your stay in UK, you apply for ILR (Indefinate Leave to Remain). After 1 year of receiving your ILR, you can then file a PR which will leads to British Residancy.

You can get your HSMP visa stamped for your family from the British Embassy in the country your family is presently who can then join you in UK.

During your stay for 5 years before getting ILR, you can be outside UK for a total period of 6 months not exceeding 3 months at one given point in time. But there are exceptions buring business travel and others which you will get the information from Home Office Website.
You can travel your homecountry as often as you wish but keeping in mind the 6 month rule.

Hope that helps!! 8)

HSMP_2007

Post by HSMP_2007 » Thu Feb 01, 2007 2:43 pm

Hi,

Thanks for your reply,Need some more clarification on 6 month rule ?

1.Is it i can stay 6 months outside in each year and maintaning the trip with out exceeding 3 monts period ?
Or total 5 five year period ..i can go only 6 months outside ? but exceeding 3 monts statemnet is not matching with above 6 month rule ?

2 currently i am having the family passport document but they are not staying in the home country..so while stamping mine..can i do my family also ?

Thanks
:lol:

Ashekt

Post by Ashekt » Thu Feb 01, 2007 3:45 pm

Well, there is too much ambiguity around this rule but I think if you go through the link below, you will have a clear picture as it comes straight from HO:

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=10333

I have to really dig a lot to get this information to you!!