ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 ICT (Long Term) Dependent to Tier 2 General

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

unikaman
BANNED
United Kingdom

Tier 2 ICT (Long Term) Dependent to Tier 2 General

Post by unikaman » Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:24 am

Hi All,

Can you please help with my case here - it would be really appreciated.

I traveled to the UK in March 2010 so, the rules before 06 April 2010 apply to myself so I become PR eligible in March 2015.

I got married in Jan 2012 and my wife traveled to UK on March 2012 as my Tier 2 - ICT dependent, after which she started work in June 2012.

My stay here wasn't very promising earlier this year and my wife checked with her employer and they showed interest in sponsoring her (this opens up an additional option for us as if at all my company sends me back, I could come back as my wife's dependent). Now after a few months of re-consideration, my wife's company is ready to sponsor her on Tier 2 General and her biometric is now planned in May 2013 from India (Delhi).

Below are my queries and really want to understand the below:
  • 1. If I stay here until March 2015 and become ILR eligible, would my wife be able to apply for ILR along with myself after March 2015?

2. If considering a scenario, my wife's Tier 2 General job is still active in March 2015 and I alone apply for ILR at that time, is there any dis-advantage in doing so?

3. I am considering another option from point no. 2, that if there is a scenario where my wife's sponsorship in Tier 2 General comes to an end (after March 2015), can she go back to India and then come back to UK as my PR (ILR) dependent? Is this the correct understanding?

4. If I be positive on this whole situation, and consider that my deputation goes on beyond Mar 2015, should I stop the process of my wife's sponsorship in Tier 2 General? Is there harm in proceeding with it?
Thanks,
Aman

unikaman
BANNED
United Kingdom

Post by unikaman » Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:57 pm

Can someone from the mods please reply to my query - I need to know a but urgently.

THanks a lot in advance!